SRT Hellcat Forum banner

301 - 320 of 327 Posts

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
108 Posts
Well my recall was done today...dropped off at 8am got it back at 5pm. Runs good and as far as I can tell no issues. They replaced both cats, oxygen sensors, flashed the PCM and put the new emissions sticker under the hood next to the old one.....so far so good! Although I wish the guy who wrote on the emission sticker had better handwriting! View attachment 558492
That crooked sticker would drive me nuts too.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
403 Posts
Not concerned I did not get a sticker....doesn't count for 5 hp anyhow

·
Registered
20 Posts
I would be curious in a side by side comparison of the old cat and new cat, i.e. honeycomb size/density. If they have the same choking effect or back pressure equivalent. Are they simply changing internal materials to be more robust or are they increasing the size/demensions of internal components thus increasing back pressure and requiring a tune? Some folks whom had this done indicate power loss while others do not....If they are changing the back pressure on the fly, then one would thinkthis is not part of the original engineereing for this motor and could alter power output etc. I am not a tuner, but more of "if it aint broke dont fix it" type of guy.

Especially if it involves California compliance of anti emission law....
[/QUOTE
I’m have an appointment for 2 weeks from now , my car only has 560 miles and after reading all the mixed outcomes I think I’m going to cancel my appointment
I would wait till you get a cat inefficiency light and then replace it.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #306
I’m have an appointment for 2 weeks from now , my car only has 560 miles and after reading all the mixed outcomes I think I’m going to cancel my appointment
Only 560 miles?? You must look at it more than drive it. A guy at a car show a long time ago said about garage queens "if you aren't driving it. It's like saving your wifes pu..y for the next guy" Go put the miles on and enjoy the car.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
61 Posts
Just drove the car on a freeway loop after getting the recall done on Thursday. All good. Strong as ever and maybe a bit more SuperCharger whine. Maybe that was bit dialed back after the Cruise Control flash? Not sure, might just imagine things. :)

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
11 Posts
Mine goes in on Thursday for the recall.
I got to thinking. Are the new cats really different than the original units?
Maybe the real problem is the tune. Rich tunes are not good on cats. I wonder if the parts are swapped and the car is re-tuned to keep the cats from possible degradation.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
101 Posts
Had this done today. Took about 3-4hrs. They replaced/reprogrammed the PCM as well. Not noticing any difference in sound. The car was running hotter with the thermostat bouncing at half and a tick or two lower. But it’s also 108 degrees in city traffic with the AC blasting. Will continue to monitor and report back if any issues occur.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Got mine back yesterday. All good, no funny noises at shut off. They did have to replace 2 clamps so it took an extra couple of day to get them, but they gave me a loaner, so no worries.

Reactions: Club Drew

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
11 Posts
Just picked mine up, no noises on shut down, a little more popping off throttle.
I did see 10lbs of boost on a mini 3rd gear pull.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
250 Posts
If anyone is feeling the car faster or slower it’s most likely the conditions lol. They can’t legally put a cat on and retune the car to lose 50hp. And these cars are over 4K lbs. So if you think you can tell a difference in how fast it is, it’s not 5hp. It’s more than that and it’s related to temp and humidity outside

301 - 320 of 327 Posts