SRT Hellcat Forum banner

401 - 419 of 419 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Dodge Charger Hellcat
73 Posts
I just got off the phone with the dealership. They said 1) they hadn't heard of this happening with other Hellcats getting the recall work done, and 2) if I brought it in they would look at it. However, I get the distinct impression from his wording that they are just going to check for anything that may have become loose (no, it was like that before I drove it), or that they may have done incorrectly. I'm pretty sure their work is going to check out perfectly fine, and it's my exhaust's fault for being in the wrong place now. Especially after reading over others' experience with this...

·
Registered
73 Posts
Damn man. First, that's a gorgeous car. I love it. Second....that's absolutely ridiculous. I would have done the same thing as you did. If I had it in for work, I would have said, yeah, do the recall. It's unbelievable that we're being stuck this way. My sympathy to a fellow Cali dweller. And of course no matter where anyone lives, this is just not right.

Stay safe in the fires. That's why some of my pics look yellowish (but not all of the ones I took there. Weird camera optics I guess). Smoke and ashfall where we live is nasty too.

Anyways, like I already said, stay safe. That car looks awesome, I'm just sorry you've been stuck with this fiasco too, like seemingly several of us :(
Thanks for the kind words. Let me know if you decide to go with aftermarket tips and if that corrects the issue. Since I'm already aftermarket, I wonder if going to stock tips would correct my issue LOL. Or maybe an exhaust shop nearby could align it somehow...

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
The tips sticking out is annoying but the fact they are at different lengths would drive me nuts. From the factory the left exhaust tips always seem to be pointing the wrong way. I have adjusted it on my last two cars.

·
FCA Official
Challenger SRT Hellcat
233 Posts
I just got off the phone with the dealership. They said 1) they hadn't heard of this happening with other Hellcats getting the recall work done, and 2) if I brought it in they would look at it. However, I get the distinct impression from his wording that they are just going to check for anything that may have become loose (no, it was like that before I drove it), or that they may have done incorrectly. I'm pretty sure their work is going to check out perfectly fine, and it's my exhaust's fault for being in the wrong place now. Especially after reading over others' experience with this...
If you end up going back into the dealer, I can set you up with a case manager who will work with you and the dealer to ensure everything is addressed.
If you are interested, send us a private message with your VIN and dealer name.

Kaitlin
Dodge Cares

·
Registered
73 Posts
If you end up going back into the dealer, I can set you up with a case manager who will work with you and the dealer to ensure everything is addressed.
If you are interested, send us a private message with your VIN and dealer name.

Kaitlin
Dodge Cares
Thank you. I'll see if I can head over there this week to have them look at it...

·
Registered
1,782 Posts

Make sure to post in my thread regarding this specific topic, as it seems to be a growing pandemic.

·
Registered
226 Posts
View attachment 560981

Make sure to post in my thread regarding this specific topic, as it seems to be a growing pandemic.

I think "growing pandemic" is a bit strong for your 2 documented cases.

People make mistakes. My recall looks perfect, yours doesn't. If the dealer offers to fix it, like a few posts above, give them the opportunity to make it right. If you dont want them to touch it, well that's on you.

If the dealer won't work with you, then I can see trying to get someone else involved but why put so much effort into fighting with a dealer youll never take your car back to? Why not fix it yourself or find a good exhaust shop to adjust it for you?

You're right, it should be fixed correctly during the time of the recall, but if this is your biggest problem in 2020 I think you'll be alright.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
196 Posts
PM us?? You better come to Long Island NY and see these Dealers no parking attitudes getting brownie points for finding problems that don't exist etc etc! Lie about hours for recall boosting parts and not calling people back! NO THANKS CAR FINE and safe IN MY GARAGE ! Is this recall to boost buisness? STOP!

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
45 Posts
PM us?? You better come to Long Island NY and see these Dealers no parking attitudes getting brownie points for finding problems that don't exist etc etc! Lie about hours for recall boosting parts and not calling people back! NO THANKS CAR FINE and safe IN MY GARAGE ! Is this recall to boost buisness? STOP!
What LI dealership do you use? I'm still under warranty so am forced to go through dodge. I've been going to Westbury

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
I think "growing pandemic" is a bit strong for your 2 documented cases.

People make mistakes. My recall looks perfect, yours doesn't. If the dealer offers to fix it, like a few posts above, give them the opportunity to make it right. If you dont want them to touch it, well that's on you.

If the dealer won't work with you, then I can see trying to get someone else involved but why put so much effort into fighting with a dealer youll never take your car back to? Why not fix it yourself or find a good exhaust shop to adjust it for you?

You're right, it should be fixed correctly during the time of the recall, but if this is your biggest problem in 2020 I think you'll be alright.
Three cases out of three people who had it done.

If this was COVID, they'd be calling for an impeachment of Trump over it.

Dodge needs to act on this. I understand that since the parts are made in Guangdong or whatever, and they ordered a containerload to knock the price down, that it's hard to send them back, but, that is not our problem, that's Dodge's problem, and Dodge needs to make it good.

As it is, I am considering dropping the car off where I bought it and telling them "good luck." Done it before. Would do it again.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
196 Posts
What LI dealership do you use? I'm still under warranty so am forced to go through dodge. I've been going to Westbury
Westbury where I bought it Port Jeff was gonna do it but amount of time they wanted to do it I was not happy with! Head East maybe Browns or even more East good luck

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
124 Posts
They put new catalytic converters on my 2015 hellcat Challenger under the recall, the problem is that the new ones they put on simply do not fit and hang down almost 4 inch lower than the other ones that were on there in the first place and I can't go over any speed bumps or any kind of bump in the road without them scraping now, I also don't know what else they did to the car but it definitely is a lot slower in the quarter mile now. I'm just saying everyone be careful if you're getting this done

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
65 Posts
I just checked mine on my 2016 Charger and the tips seem fine post recall. If the parts were an issue shouldn’t everyone have this issue?

·
Registered
73 Posts
I just checked mine on my 2016 Charger and the tips seem fine post recall. If the parts were an issue shouldn’t everyone have this issue?
Is yours the stock exhaust? Is it possible whoever worked on it spent extra time verifying the alignment of the tips before finishing the job?

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
65 Posts
Is yours the stock exhaust? Is it possible whoever worked on it spent extra time verifying the alignment of the tips before finishing the job?
Yes, mine is stock. In this thread we have had quite a few people get this recall done. So far it seems some have had the alignment issue but I have yet to see everyone coming back reporting this. To me it looks like most actually said it went fine...

·
Registered
73 Posts
Well, the beginning of this thread was mostly about issues with the tune that was flashed on the cars. It only seemed the last couple pages have brought up this issue with the exhaust tip alignment, but I could be wrong. Not everyone is the same level of OCD about visual stuff like that...

·
FCA Official
Challenger SRT Hellcat
233 Posts
They put new catalytic converters on my 2015 hellcat Challenger under the recall, the problem is that the new ones they put on simply do not fit and hang down almost 4 inch lower than the other ones that were on there in the first place and I can't go over any speed bumps or any kind of bump in the road without them scraping now, I also don't know what else they did to the car but it definitely is a lot slower in the quarter mile now. I'm just saying everyone be careful if you're getting this done
Are you planning on going back to the dealer to have them address this? If you are, I would like to escalate a case for you.
Send us a private message with your VIN and dealer if you'd like to discuss further.

Kaitlin
Dodge Cares

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
56 Posts
Has anyone else noticed, after this recall, that the flash apparently included a new rev inhibitting behavior? I have a 2017, and this behavior was not present before this last recall. The car, in park, with the e-break engaged, will no longer rev past 2500. Not really a bad thing, really it's a good safety oriented feature. But i discovered it via happen-stance, and when I did, my first thought was that something was wrong with the vehicle, until I figured out what conditions re-created it. Kind of startled me....I was afraid I'd be looking at either some new issue, or an imminent issue.

If you're wondering how or why I'd know, it's a very long story. It's related to living out in the sticks, and to the fact that all folks in this area have a constant, on-going battle related to fending off rodents from getting into their cars. I really don't want to get into it though, it sucks.

Anyways, can anyone else confirm this change in behavior? It really aggravates me that no one TELLS us these things are being done. We're supposed to just trust them. And in California, if we want to keep driving our cars without the local gestappo getting in the way, we dare not ignore something like this recall. Am I not going to a website, or asking for some sort of specific documentation that I should be asking for? When I've asked for such in the past, by the way, I've never been given a detailed breakdown by any dealership.

Anyways. This has been nothing but an exercise in frustration and even sadness. I say sadness, because every thing that happens like this, for me, chips away some tiny little bit at the magic of owning such a marvelous piece of engineering.

401 - 419 of 419 Posts