SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
501 - 520 of 549 Posts

·
FCA Official
Challenger SRT Hellcat
456 Posts
Had my 2016 m6 challanger done last week now on shut off it makes blow back sound from s c and cold start sounds little tamer all stock no mods made appt to go back .have you had any other replies
Hi pitbullbob,
Please feel free to keep us updated. We'd be happy to learn more details regarding your dealer's findings to determine how to best assist you.

Rob
Dodge Cares

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
922 Posts
I'll bet the replacement cats are more restrictive...the original ones probably let out just a tad too emission....probably by calif standards.. my 02 cents

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hi pitbullbob,
Please feel free to keep us updated. We'd be happy to learn more details regarding your dealer's findings to determine how to best assist you.

Rob
Dodge Cares
Hey Rob dodge cares has anyone done the cat and o2 install with out flash .and if so what was results i was told had to do flash ?

·
FCA Official
Challenger SRT Hellcat
456 Posts
Had mine done last week i notice light belching noise at shut down and cold start sou ds a little tamer crakle on down shift little less noticable dont think i lost performance m6 2016 challanger
Hi pitbullbob,
Please be sure to keep us posted as you continue to monitor this. If you do choose to return your vehicle to your dealer for diagnosis, please feel free to reach out to us here via a private message. We're happy to help!

Rob
Dodge Cares

·
FCA Official
Challenger SRT Hellcat
456 Posts
Hey Rob dodge cares has anyone done the cat and o2 install with out flash .and if so what was results i was told had to do flash ?
The software flash is required to complete the recall.

Rob
Dodge Cares

·
Registered
47 Posts
The software flash is required to complete the recall.

Rob
Dodge Cares
ROB do you know any one that brought there car back in for re flash and got the problems corrected like the blow back sound from s c also have you heard any one say there cold start up sounded less aggressive ?

·
FCA Official
Challenger SRT Hellcat
456 Posts
ROB do you know any one that brought there car back in for re flash and got the problems corrected like the blow back sound from s c also have you heard any one say there cold start up sounded less aggressive ?
Not to my knowledge, however I have escalated your questions to our internal team for further investigation.

Rob
Dodge Cares

·
Registered
47 Posts
Not to my knowledge, however I have escalated your questions to our internal team for further investigation.

Rob
Dodge Cares
So Rob to the best of your knowledge was this recall a mistake to do ? I had 4700 miles on my car all stock with no problems .i mean it runs good still dont think i lost power just has that wooshh noise on shut down and exhaust note little less throaty and gargley on cold start . I though i was doing the right thing .

·
Registered
2016 HC
102 Posts
The whoosh sound is not going to disappear. I don't know if you read all these posts on this thread as many have had it through the past year, but there is a video of it somewhere. It is air coming back through and kicking the throttle body open. It's more pronounced with an LMI on it. I can hear it now on my brand new Redeye as well. They will tell you there is nothing to worry about, so I didn't I figure if something happens because of it, it's on them.

@DodgeCares is only here to empathize. They couldn't/wouldn't get any useful information a year ago, so I wouldn't expect any now. Biggest question was "if you were changing the cats, why was a flash needed?" What exactly was changed in the tune??? Noone knows or will be told who had this done. Since they do it free, I guess we're not privy to that even though we make the payments. You would think after a year a better explanation could be provided.

I too was very concerned at first, but it ran fine after it. Was it "slower or sluggish", perhaps a tad bit, but really not not overly noticeable and it did not seem to hurt the car. But, I'm sure emissions in Canada and California are better off now than before the recall.

·
Registered
47 Posts
The whoosh sound is not going to disappear. I don't know if you read all these posts on this thread as many have had it through the past year, but there is a video of it somewhere. It is air coming back through and kicking the throttle body open. It's more pronounced with an LMI on it. I can hear it now on my brand new Redeye as well. They will tell you there is nothing to worry about, so I didn't I figure if something happens because of it, it's on them.

@DodgeCares is only here to empathize. They couldn't/wouldn't get any useful information a year ago, so I wouldn't expect any now. Biggest question was "if you were changing the cats, why was a flash needed?" What exactly was changed in the tune??? Noone knows or will be told who had this done. Since they do it free, I guess we're not privy to that even though we make the payments. You would think after a year a better explanation could be provided.

I too was very concerned at first, but it ran fine after it. Was it "slower or sluggish", perhaps a tad bit, but really not not overly noticeable and it did not seem to hurt the car. But, I'm sure emissions in Canada and California are better off now than before the recall.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Thanx for your reply guess it is what it is . You probaly brought your car back in and there wasnt anything they could do since the change was done. Do you have auto or m6 ? Is your cold start note less agressive perhaps little guieter all round unless you get into it. Also what is lmi

·
Registered
47 Posts
Thanx for your reply guess it is what it is . You probaly brought your car back in and there wasnt anything they could do since the change was done. Do you have auto or m6 ? Is your cold start note less agressive perhaps little guieter all round unless you get into it. Also what is lmi
My car is all stock didnot change cai

·
FCA Official
Challenger SRT Hellcat
456 Posts
So Rob to the best of your knowledge was this recall a mistake to do ? I had 4700 miles on my car all stock with no problems .i mean it runs good still dont think i lost power just has that wooshh noise on shut down and exhaust note little less throaty and gargley on cold start . I though i was doing the right thing .
We suggest getting every recall your vehicle has performed. This recall does not reduce power.

Rob
Dodge Cares

·
Registered
47 Posts
We suggest getting every recall your vehicle has performed. This recall does not reduce power.

Rob
Dodge Cares
Thanx i didnt think i lost power just didnt have that woosh woosh sound on the shut off before i have appt sept 10 for my dealer to look at i know the tech and hes great there . Do you know if there is an up dated flash for a corection or should i cancel my appt . Maybe leave well enough alone ?

·
FCA Official
Challenger SRT Hellcat
456 Posts
Thanx i didnt think i lost power just didnt have that woosh woosh sound on the shut off before i have appt sept 10 for my dealer to look at i know the tech and hes great there . Do you know if there is an up dated flash for a corection or should i cancel my appt . Maybe leave well enough alone ?
We recommend keeping your appointment for the time being.

Rob
Dodge Cares

·
Registered
2016 HC
102 Posts
We will update this forum page soon on what our internal sources say about the sound.

Rob
Dodge Cares
Seriously? You have have been told about this for 1+ years!!!! Have you actually read all the posts in this thread? There's no reason to tell us "soon"....it should have been done already. There are PLENTY of videos/posts on this. Sorry, but I can't stand doing the manufacturer's homework for them yet again.

Pitbullbob - I had an A8. LMI was a legmaker intake. The factory closed airbox tends to muffle the sound more. LMIs, like the factory on my Redeye, are an open air CAI. You will hear the sounds more clearly with this.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Seriously? You have have been told about this for 1+ years!!!! Have you actually read all the posts in this thread? There's no reason to tell us "soon"....it should have been done already. There are PLENTY of videos/posts on this. Sorry, but I can't stand doing the manufacturer's homework for them yet again.

Pitbullbob - I had an A8. LMI was a legmaker intake. The factory closed airbox tends to muffle the sound more. LMIs, like the factory on my Redeye, are an open air CAI. You will hear the sounds more clearly with this.
The sound on shut off is more of a farting belching noise .is your cold start less throaty.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
922 Posts
can someone explain why we need a flash after installing 2 new cats?

·
Registered
2016 HC
102 Posts
Ive seen on other threads that there was an updated flash but dont know if thats true.
It was initially worse. I had mine done in June of 2020. There was an updated flash after that that I had done, I can't remember exactly when. Again, it's probably discussed somewhere around page 10 of this thread. I still can't find the video of what happens at shutdown, but it's out there. Air is pushed back through the throttle body which opens/closes it.

501 - 520 of 549 Posts