SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
521 - 540 of 549 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
It was initially worse. I had mine done in June of 2020. There was an updated flash after that that I had done, I can't remember exactly when. Again, it's probably discussed somewhere around page 10 of this thread. I still can't find the video of what happens at shutdown, but it's out there. Air is pushed back through the throttle body which opens/closes it.
Then i must have the most updated flash since i had mine done last week if its blowing back thru thottle body seems it wouldnt be good for it .but maybe it doesnt hurt any thing ? But i didnt do it before

·
Registered
2016 HC
102 Posts
Then i must have the most updated flash since i had mine done last week if its blowing back thru thottle body seems it wouldnt be good for it .but maybe it doesnt hurt any thing ? But i didnt do it before
You can see, I posted that video to YouTube Oct. 20, 2020. I'm not sure if I found it here or on a FB post somewhere. In either case, that is exactly what I heard from my HC at the time. And now I can hear it in my Redeye as well. With a stock closed box, it might not sound as loud, but at least here you can physically see what is happening. After going rounds with FCA about this I finally said the hell with it. I'm going to drive my car the way I intend to, they did whatever to the car, so if anything happens because of it, it's on them. With that being said, I didn't seem to have any issues with my HC from the time the updated flash was done until I traded it in July of this year. I don't baby my cars. I don't beat them, but they do get spirited driving from time to time.

Again, @DodgeCares, the video was finally uploaded 10/20/20, why should we have to wait until "soon" to be told why this does this now when it never did before the recall? I'll wait, as I have been, for an interesting response. Sorry if I don't sound appreciative of your efforts, but after dealing with the black screen issue of my 1320, this recall for the '15-'17 HC, and the starting issues of my '21 Redeye, I've become numb to the ineffective assistance you can actually provide. At every step of the way it's been "gee, we've never heard of that issue, have you contacted your dealer", which is a crock because it only takes about 10 minutes of research to find these things. Then you get the same response from your dealer. I absolutely love my Challengers, but post purchase issues are a royal pain to deal with.

·
Registered
47 Posts
You can see, I posted that video to YouTube Oct. 20, 2020. I'm not sure if I found it here or on a FB post somewhere. In either case, that is exactly what I heard from my HC at the time. And now I can hear it in my Redeye as well. With a stock closed box, it might not sound as loud, but at least here you can physically see what is happening. After going rounds with FCA about this I finally said the hell with it. I'm going to drive my car the way I intend to, they did whatever to the car, so if anything happens because of it, it's on them. With that being said, I didn't seem to have any issues with my HC from the time the updated flash was done until I traded it in July of this year. I don't baby my cars. I don't beat them, but they do get spirited driving from time to time.

Again, @DodgeCares, the video was finally uploaded 10/20/20, why should we have to wait until "soon" to be told why this does this now when it never did before the recall? I'll wait, as I have been, for an interesting response. Sorry if I don't sound appreciative of your efforts, but after dealing with the black screen issue of my 1320, this recall for the '15-'17 HC, and the starting issues of my '21 Redeye, I've become numb to the ineffective assistance you can actually provide. At every step of the way it's been "gee, we've never heard of that issue, have you contacted your dealer", which is a crock because it only takes about 10 minutes of research to find these things. Then you get the same response from your dealer. I absolutely love my Challengers, but post purchase issues are a royal pain to deal with.
Took hellcat for a spirited ride today m6 since cat o2 flash recall . I have to say seems to run really well. Mine is completely stock never dynoed has any one done some dyno test to see if there was some kind of de tune of hp /torque i cant tell the new cats look little bigger than original ones could they flow better or restrict more?yes still get little blow back sound thru s c but cant hear it inside car have to get open hood and listen while someone else shuts it off.

·
Registered
47 Posts
We recommend keeping your appointment for the time being.

Rob
Dodge Cares
Rob took my2016 25 miles both ways to my dealer .talked to my tech who i now well said every thing was performed properly . As i said we both agree car runs good . He saw no reason to bring my car back in friday so i canceled for time being . But Rob heres my big question why is my car quieter now cold start and overall driving experience . This car was bone stock loved the factory exghast note i did the recall and it doesnt sound the same did this mess with active exghast it should sound the same after recall don't you agree . I went to biggest car show of the year in olcott ny there was to factory stock hell cats there 2015 and 2016 both had not done recall and my car defenitly does not sound like there's any more . They both did start up for me theres sounds like mine use to mine sounds smoother more reserved ?

·
Registered
47 Posts
I got my converters done today with evap recall and an oil change it took 2 hrs for everything to be done.
Hey jjojjr72 how does car run know scince recall mine seems to run fine 2016 challanger hellcst but cold start less exciting overall driving exghast not guiter i know this becase when i row thru gears m6 i can hear sc more sc is fine sou ds good and can hear that low muffled air bblow back under hood on shut off when in garage.

·
PURA RAZA
Challenger SRT Hellcat
308 Posts
Took hellcat for a spirited ride today m6 since cat o2 flash recall . I have to say seems to run really well. Mine is completely stock never dynoed has any one done some dyno test to see if there was some kind of de tune of hp /torque i cant tell the new cats look little bigger than original ones could they flow better or restrict more?yes still get little blow back sound thru s c but cant hear it inside car have to get open hood and listen while someone else shuts it off.
I would also be very interested in whether there will be any loss of performance after the swap!

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

·
Registered
47 Posts
I would also be very interested in whether there will be any loss of performance after the swap!

Iam not hearing much feed back on quieter hellcat after this recall did i get bad set of cats it is definitely less agresive sounding cold start . And overall exghast note when driving not as loud . Factory stock m6 2016 no mods . Why different sounding hellcat from what i had bought brand new origanal owner.my recall notice didn't mention that you may experience this side effect .?

·
Registered
47 Posts
We recommend keeping your appointment for the time being.

Rob
Dodge Cares

Hey Rob dodge Cares
Not sure if you received my message went talked to my about 2016 hellcat challanger since he did recall . Car seems to run fine he did down load and cats and o2 s but it is now a quieter hellcat cold start s and overall. I loved the factory sound it produced .did the down load alter active exghast or did i get bad set of cats have you heard any one else complain about this if iam the only one something must not be right.? Any one else out there with quieter hellcat after recall .like to hear i dont want to be only one.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hey jjojjr72 how does car run know scince recall mine seems to run fine 2016 challanger hellcst but cold start less exciting overall driving exghast not guiter i know this becase when i row thru gears m6 i can hear sc more sc is fine sou ds good and can hear that low muffled air bblow back under hood on shut off when in garage.

No loss performance but quieter hellcat for sure at least mine is possably more restrictions in cats thats what i think unless there's some other reason its not that it sounds bad its just simply quieter .cold start just dont sound the same and overall exghast note whem driving has toned down unless you really get into it. On a plus note if you dig the sc whine ( i do ) you will hear it better. Like i say just curious why its toned down dont want to do exhuast mods someone suggested doing active exghast simulator but i really want to leave it alone if cold start doesnt sound right simulator may make worse or better if any one know let us know maybe thats the ticket.

·
PURA RAZA
Challenger SRT Hellcat
308 Posts
Thank you for your answers. I'm curious how it will sound live. In any case, it is good to know that it does not lose its performance. I'll make an appointment this week and try to take photos of the new and old cats.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Thank you for your answers. I'm curious how it will sound live. In any case, it is good to know that it does not lose its performance. I'll make an appointment this week and try to take photos of the new and old cats.

I doesnt sound bad its just when you cold start i use to be kinda good loud now it still does that just sounds less wild more smoother then when it falls back down to idle little quieter than it use to mine is m6 little guieter rowing thru unless your stepping in then you here sc whine sc sounds louder the same just easy to hear over exghast iam just wondering why little less loud all stock.

·
FCA Official
Challenger SRT Hellcat
456 Posts
Hey Rob dodge Cares
Not sure if you received my message went talked to my about 2016 hellcat challanger since he did recall . Car seems to run fine he did down load and cats and o2 s but it is now a quieter hellcat cold start s and overall. I loved the factory sound it produced .did the down load alter active exghast or did i get bad set of cats have you heard any one else complain about this if iam the only one something must not be right.? Any one else out there with quieter hellcat after recall .like to hear i dont want to be only one.
Your vehicle exhaust sound should remain the same after the recall.

Rob
Dodge Cares

·
Registered
47 Posts
Your vehicle exhaust sound should remain the same after the recall.

Rob
Dodge Cares
Hey Rob i just took for a ride . Short history brought car in for recalll all work was performed correctly.all work done in timely fashion plus inspection l know the tech. This was aug 27 rushed home to pick up my nephew wife and 17 month baby from airport. Tbey have been here for 13 days so its been crazy .have had car out couple times in between . short rides . Iam orignal owner bought brand new left it complety stock. I may be exaggerating some but cold start is off a bit still sounds great maybe cats are a bit different inside so be it. Any way took car out let it warm up then took to my special spot.... let first roll to about 25 m6 [and did 4500+ shifts 2 3 4 and man this thing runs very good triple digits real quick so there ain't no performance issues here. Maybe cats needed to be broken in a bit i dont know .i still think cold start is off a bit and cruising exhaust note slightly quieter maybe gets better in time. I did here on shut off that low muffled blow off sound but only in my garage its not real bad but dont belive it was there before. Iam probaly little older than most on this site not old just older so hearing is slightly off but i can here well enough my tech says he couldn't hear it but we were outside and didnt hear either. His thought is recall is done car runs like a beast if it it blowing off some back pressure doubts it gonna hurt anything .ill take my demon out see if there is any blow back sound from it.oh and gotta be back to airport by 330 today everyone is going home.

·
FCA Official
Challenger SRT Hellcat
456 Posts
Hey Rob i just took for a ride . Short history brought car in for recalll all work was performed correctly.all work done in timely fashion plus inspection l know the tech. This was aug 27 rushed home to pick up my nephew wife and 17 month baby from airport. Tbey have been here for 13 days so its been crazy .have had car out couple times in between . short rides . Iam orignal owner bought brand new left it complety stock. I may be exaggerating some but cold start is off a bit still sounds great maybe cats are a bit different inside so be it. Any way took car out let it warm up then took to my special spot.... let first roll to about 25 m6 [and did 4500+ shifts 2 3 4 and man this thing runs very good triple digits real quick so there ain't no performance issues here. Maybe cats needed to be broken in a bit i dont know .i still think cold start is off a bit and cruising exhaust note slightly quieter maybe gets better in time. I did here on shut off that low muffled blow off sound but only in my garage its not real bad but dont belive it was there before. Iam probaly little older than most on this site not old just older so hearing is slightly off but i can here well enough my tech says he couldn't hear it but we were outside and didnt hear either. His thought is recall is done car runs like a beast if it it blowing off some back pressure doubts it gonna hurt anything .ill take my demon out see if there is any blow back sound from it.oh and gotta be back to airport by 330 today everyone is going home.
Please don't hesitate to reach out via PM if you have any other questions.

Rob
Dodge Cares

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
Do the exhaust tips protrude the same amount on each side?

Mine didn't. Dealer welched out on doing anything about it, claiming some miracle must have happened between when I took the pictures before I took the car to the dealer and right after, AT the dealer.

·
FCA Official
Challenger SRT Hellcat
456 Posts
Don't hesitate to provide those answers you promised either......
Hi rickydeuce,
Your exhaust noise is depended on many things such as environmental temperature, engine temperature, and elevation; however your exhaust noise should stay the same after completing the recall. If you believe you still have a concern with your exhaust, we kindly recommend following up with your local dealer

Rob
Dodge Cares

·
Registered
2016 HC
102 Posts
Hi rickydeuce,
Your exhaust noise is depended on many things such as environmental temperature, engine temperature, and elevation; however your exhaust noise should stay the same after completing the recall. If you believe you still have a concern with your exhaust, we kindly recommend following up with your local dealer

Rob
Dodge Cares
This is what I am referring to......

DodgeCares said:
We will update this forum page soon on what our internal sources say about the sound.

Rob
Dodge Cares

I understand and was not referring to the effects on exhaust.

521 - 540 of 549 Posts