SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
541 - 549 of 549 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
This is what I am referring to......

DodgeCares said:
We will update this forum page soon on what our internal sources say about the sound.

Rob
Dodge Cares

I understand and was not referring to the effects on exhaust.
Out in hellcat a few times over the past week . It runs good after recall. How ever little less snap krackle and pop when down shifting slowly to a stop. It still pops a little just not as much. But I notice down shifting from 4 to 3rd i get some pops that i didnt notice before sounds good. Just not as krackly coming to that stop. I talked to a guy today who under stands tuning and downloading. He thinks cats are probably exactly the same as original ones and the flash was all about new o2 sensors he believes the car had a leaner fuel and know they richened it which keeps cats cooler or not as hot which makes them stay together and better emissions. And thats why less sharpe snap krackle and pop . Again not detuned performance wise.

·
Registered
47 Posts
This is what I am referring to......

DodgeCares said:
We will update this forum page soon on what our internal sources say about the sound.

Rob
Dodge Cares

I understand and was not referring to the effects on exhaust.
Hey Rob and all been running hellcat couple weeks since recall. Performance wise all good. The only thing i have noticed is when downshifting to a stop 2nd to first use to snap krakle and pop .it still pops little just not like before. Also when down shifting from 4 to 3rd get a few pops never noticed that before thats ok.but i talked to a guy yesterday who understands tuning and emissions he says the cats are probably exact same replacments and the flash was all about the o2 sensors . He believes cars ran lean and the flash richend it up and cools or keeps cats from getting hotter and thats why not so much snap krackle and pop like before at idle or low speed such as down shifting to slow stop. With m6 iam sure auto is the same like i said some pops just not like before. Car still performs like a bad boy . This was emissions recall thats how it was corrected . Go a head get recall done your hellcat will still be hellcat . Also mine is all stock no mods keep that in mind.

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
Though they adamantly refused to help me out, my local Chrysler dealer, who installed the formerly uneven-length-tip recall crap which resulted in my one exhaust tip now protruding further than the other, which I escalated nationally and was told to go **** myself by Chrysler, has now evidently resulted in them actually providing recall parts that do not result in uneven protrustion of exhaust tips.

Glad YOU all are being treated well. I guess it was a case of "one small step for a man, but one giant leap for the rest of y'all" situation.

But, by the same token, take a video of the service rep saying what date it is at the dealership that includes a shot of your car's rear, before the recall. Trust these people as far as you would trust a pedophile at a playground.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Though they adamantly refused to help me out, my local Chrysler dealer, who installed the formerly uneven-length-tip recall crap which resulted in my one exhaust tip now protruding further than the other, which I escalated nationally and was told to go **** myself by Chrysler, has now evidently resulted in them actually providing recall parts that do not result in uneven protrustion of exhaust tips.

Glad YOU all are being treated well. I guess it was a case of "one small step for a man, but one giant leap for the rest of y'all" situation.

But, by the same token, take a video of the service rep saying what date it is at the dealership that includes a shot of your car's rear, before the recall. Trust these people as far as you would trust a pedophile at a playground.
When i had mine done tech called me in bay and slide pipes to where i wanted forward or back before he tighened down . I had both stick out just past black plastic trim.

·
Registered
2016 HC
102 Posts
Hey Rob and all been running hellcat couple weeks since recall. Performance wise all good. The only thing i have noticed is when downshifting to a stop 2nd to first use to snap krakle and pop .it still pops little just not like before. Also when down shifting from 4 to 3rd get a few pops never noticed that before thats ok.but i talked to a guy yesterday who understands tuning and emissions he says the cats are probably exact same replacments and the flash was all about the o2 sensors . He believes cars ran lean and the flash richend it up and cools or keeps cats from getting hotter and thats why not so much snap krackle and pop like before at idle or low speed such as down shifting to slow stop. With m6 iam sure auto is the same like i said some pops just not like before. Car still performs like a bad boy . This was emissions recall thats how it was corrected . Go a head get recall done your hellcat will still be hellcat . Also mine is all stock no mods keep that in mind.

Here is where @DodgeCares asks if you have spoke to your dealer about this....w/out actually reading the other 127 pages

541 - 549 of 549 Posts