SRT Hellcat Forum banner

101 - 120 of 207 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #102 (Edited)
I am scheduled for Friday as well, will check with my dealer...

I am still curious if that sound comes from a procedure that was designed to help with the longevity of parts or some other emissions requirement? But if they are halting the recall...
I wonder if they are revising their flash that goes along with the recall, as that sounds like the only thing people are having problems with.
The hard parts are a no brainer My wife could drop the pipes and put new O2 sensors in. It's the geek squad that Phucked up. Everybody is welcome that I started beating the hornets nest before your cars got Phucked up. And still no word from Mopar Cares. If Mopar did care. With all the dam press cars they have. Why not toss me the keys to one. So I can take my Wife on a once in a lifetime trip on Route 66, In a Hellcat. Without having to worry about a break down. That would be nice if you can"t come up with a fix soon. I don't think that will happen though I don't have a youtube channel and I'm not some a$$hole with a TV show from Texas.

·
Registered
In The Market
38 Posts
Can you send your VIN? I don't think the parts are on that high of restriction by the dealer and we can help get them some quicker if they are.

Kaitlin
Dodge Cares
I now hear there is a hold on the recall. Can you confirm this? Additionally, I had the recall done as has another HC owner and now when the car shuts off it sounds exactly as the others in this post.

·
Registered
In The Market
38 Posts
[QUOTE="Everybody is welcome that I started beating the hornets nest before your cars got Phucked up. And still no word from Mopar Cares.
[/QUOTE]

Not my first round with "Dodge Cares". I suspect we will not hear from them again on this post. And unfortunately I didn't see this in time, so now my car is sitting at the dealer as well.

·
FCA Official
Challenger SRT Hellcat
203 Posts
The hard parts are a no brainer My wife could drop the pipes and put new O2 sensors in. It's the geek squad that Phucked up. Everybody is welcome that I started beating the hornets nest before your cars got Phucked up. And still no word from Mopar Cares. If Mopar did care. With all the dam press cars they have. Why not toss me the keys to one. So I can take my Wife on a once in a lifetime trip on Route 66, In a Hellcat. Without having to worry about a break down. That would be nice if you can"t come up with a fix soon. I don't think that will happen though I don't have a youtube channel and I'm not some a$$hole with a TV show from Texas.
If you want to send us your VIN, we can look into your case.
Kaitlin
Dodge Cares

I now hear there is a hold on the recall. Can you confirm this? Additionally, I had the recall done as has another HC owner and now when the car shuts off it sounds exactly as the others in this post.
The recall is on hold for the time being. Have you spoken to your dealership at all about the sound?
Kaitlin
Dodge Cares

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
163 Posts
I had scheduled an oil change and the recalls for today, Tuesday June 23. Dropped the car off at 8:00am. Got a phone call at 10:00 that everything was done - except the new converters. So oil change and a new evaporative canister. No strange sounds shutting down. Oil level perfect, and the oil was less expensive this time too!
I will decline the cat recall V86 for the future. Next owner can have it done if they wish. I'm pleased with how the car runs as it is now.
I have an excellent dealer, that's for sure. I also asked that the battery be load tested as it is 5 1/2 years old, and it's still perfect. Amazing battery life. Although next year I might just replace it as a routine item - no sense pushing your luck.

·
Registered
In The Market
38 Posts
The recall is on hold for the time being. Have you spoken to your dealership at all about the sound?
Kaitlin
Dodge Cares
[/QUOTE]

It's sitting at the dealer now. Perhaps you could tell us 3 things:
1. What is it?
2. What is being done to fix it for those of us who were unfortunate enough to have had it done?
3. ETA on #2? I'm just curious how long my car will have to sit on a dealer's lot and not in MY driveway.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #109
I think I got some good news. I stopped and talk to my dealers SVM today He showed me a private mail. I'm not dropping any names but the engineer working on this is smarter than a educated idiot. I looked him up when I got home. Mother Mopar should have a fix very soon,hopefully by mid next week. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
If you want to send us your VIN, we can look into your case.
Kaitlin
Dodge Cares

Kaitlin
Dodge Cares
Kaitlin
Thank You for responding. I think I'll keep my anonymity. I will contact you if I need a Cat by 7/8. If mine is not road worthy yet. For our trip to meet my Grandbaby in CA. Departing on 7/11. My chat today reassured me a little so I'll be stopping my Bit#ching.....For now;)

·
Registered
16 Posts
You can’t. You modified the emissions system and FCA isn’t under any obligation to help you. So unless you have the original cats you’re hosed and you’ll have a vehicle that will be difficult to sell depending on the state.

It’s stuff like this that people don’t take into their risk calculus when modifying their vehicle.
I’m pretty sure it doesn’t matter with private sale though.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi I received my notification from my phone app.i called my dealer & told him to check &see if they have the parts.he said yes & I am scheduled to have it done this FRIDAY he said it would take about two hours

·
Registered
In The Market
38 Posts
Hi I received my notification from my phone app.i called my dealer & told him to check &see if they have the parts.he said yes & I am scheduled to have it done this FRIDAY he said it would take about two hours
I would double check w/ them and NOT have it done.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Why not have it done?
The "suspended until futher notice" is that due to lack of converters, or the cure being as bad as the disease, or what?

·
Registered
In The Market
38 Posts
Why not have it done?
The "suspended until futher notice" is that due to lack of converters, or the cure being as bad as the disease, or what?
Well, for some of us who have had it done, the cure is worse than the disease. Considering there were no issues prior to the recall.

·
FCA Official
Challenger SRT Hellcat
203 Posts
Kaitlin
Dodge Cares
It's sitting at the dealer now. Perhaps you could tell us 3 things:
1. What is it?
2. What is being done to fix it for those of us who were unfortunate enough to have had it done?
3. ETA on #2? I'm just curious how long my car will have to sit on a dealer's lot and not in MY driveway.
[/QUOTE]

A communication was sent out saying it was paused due to concerns in the field with the flash. That's really all I have right now. Once I hear more I will follow up.

Kaitlin
Dodge Cares

·
Registered
19 Posts
Funny because for the last couple months i’ve been getting a smell like the cats are on their way out. I guess i’m not crazy after all haha

101 - 120 of 207 Posts