SRT Hellcat Forum banner

121 - 140 of 207 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
925 Posts
i have a 16 challenger & an 18 charger, my 16 sounds louder than my 18......my guess is I'm getting better flow on my 16 than my 18....i think its probably pollution issue, & where i live theres no inspection, so for now i have no intention of bringing it in so they can mess it up.....just my .02

·
Registered
In The Market
38 Posts
i have a 16 challenger & an 18 charger, my 16 sounds louder than my 18......my guess is I'm getting better flow on my 16 than my 18....i think its probably pollution issue, & where i live theres no inspection, so for now i have no intention of bringing it in so they can mess it up.....just my .02
Both my '16 Scat and '16 HC had these long tube mufflers. I'm not sure about later Cats, but my brother's '19 Scat came with the shorter fatter mufflers which as did my '19 1320. The longer tube from the '16s did sound louder.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Both my '16 Scat and '16 HC had these long tube mufflers. I'm not sure about later Cats, but my brother's '19 Scat came with the shorter fatter mufflers which as did my '19 1320. The longer tube from the '16s did sound louder. View attachment 556905
not sure if this has changed, but from what I remember this was a manual vs auto thing. All of the SRT’s share the same exhaust from 2015 onward I believe. The manual cars came with the oval “cereal box” mufflers, and the autos were equipped with the round “pringles can” mufflers.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
925 Posts
cat recall is gonna be a mechanical problem....probably some problems with passing inspection in some far & in between cases.....no cel....no replacement for me......

·
Registered
6 Posts
I wonder.. I know that the recall comes up on the carfax and some dealers in certain states cant sell cars with recalls, I don't have any cats.. so i'm curious as to how I would get it to show that the "recall" has been done...?
Mycarfax.com will allow you to edit your cars history. I use it because I DIY my 17” Hellcat. You should be able to mark it completed.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #128
Well isn't that interesting. I got a new Mopar PCM lately. Would that solve it in advance?
No. They can only flash it with the new program from what I've told they can't go backwards or get to any old programs.

·
Registered
In The Market
38 Posts
What was the purpose of the recall in the first place? If not for safety, then what?

I purposely avoided buying a '17 or newer because of previous Uconnect issues I have heard about and experienced first hand with my 1320.

What I do know is I had a perfectly fine running car before and I do not have one now with absolutely no ETA on when it will be addressed or if this issue will affect anything long term. I do believe we should be provided more answers.[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
175 Posts
Apparently my dealer didn't know about the "Hold" since my car was done yesterday. So far, I see no difference in the car, but haven't stomped on it.

Phil

·
Registered
22 Posts
Apparently my dealer didn't know about the "Hold" since my car was done yesterday. So far, I see no difference in the car, but haven't stomped on it.

Phil
Turn radio down, AC off, roll down your window, turn off the car. That is when you will hear the sound.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
51 Posts
When I checked with my dealer on Monday they had not heard of the hold either. Strange, you would think this kind of information would be easily available to the service advisors. I postponed my visit for now but will probably go by there in a few days and check on their latest info...

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
175 Posts
Just drove the car around the block and got engine up to Temp. Windows open, no A/C, radio off; didn't hear a thing. Will check again after a longer drive. Stock engine except for catch can.

Phil

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
170 Posts
I'm guessing the noise could more noticeable if you have an aftermarket open air filter. My dealer got the hold notice on Monday, and stopped doing updates.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #136
Just drove the car around the block and got engine up to Temp. Windows open, no A/C, radio off; didn't hear a thing. Will check again after a longer drive. Stock engine except for catch can.

Phil
You should hear the noise when you shut the car off. Mine will do it if I start the car cold and shut down in 45.sec or so or after i've driven her 45 miles. Did you dealer flash your pcm/ecu? That's is what phucks things up.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1 Posts
You might want to wait to get this done. I just got mine done to day. They flash the ecu and now when you shut the car off it sounds like someone releasing their last breath. There is pressure being released through the throttle body from the SC when you shut the car off. The tech stalled the car (M6) and no noise. The tech said he never heard noise before either. He's going to contact Mother Mopar and get back to me. So you might want to wait before you take your Cat in for this recall. I'll post anything that happens. Like I said earlier. Karma biting me in the A$$. I shouldn't of beaten on those Z-casr in my 20s.
Juts had my (Completely Stock) 2016 completed and noticed the same noise as described. Does anyone know what it is and if its going to damage anything? Only have 11k on it at this point and don't really want to cause ant issues.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #139
No
Juts had my (Completely Stock) 2016 completed and noticed the same noise as described. Does anyone know what it is and if its going to damage anything? Only have 11k on it at this point and don't really want to cause ant issues.
[/QUOTE
No fix at this point.Maybe mid week As far as causing a problem?? Your guess as good as mine,my tech said no.

121 - 140 of 207 Posts