SRT Hellcat Forum banner

141 - 160 of 179 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,054 Posts
The dealer is holding your car because of the recall? I guess if the dealer is recommending it, that's one thing...but If FCA is recommending that it not be driven, then you'd think notifying those that had it done would be the next logical step...

·
Registered
6 Posts
The dealer is holding your car because of the recall? I guess if the dealer is recommending it, that's one thing...but If FCA is recommending that it not be driven, then you'd think notifying those that had it done would be the next logical step...
The recall was taken care of. But I got the issue after they flash the pcm. I have a noise coming through the intake from the SC. I took the car back but of course they say they can’t touch the damn thing without approval from FCA. I’ve been back n forth with the SRT techs n supervisors to get answers. But nothing from Detroit. No fix yet, saying engineers are aware blah blah blah. I told them I was coming to get my car and they saying it may void the warranty because they haven’t fixed the issue. I’m looking into LEGAL ACTION if they try me.

·
Registered
In The Market
34 Posts
Dealer was told to return the car to me by the FCA rep. I was provided with the email exchange between the tech and rep.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
175 Posts
OK, drove the car around for a couple of hours yesterday and made several stops. Turned off the A/C, radio and put the windows down as suggested. I did not hear any noise when shutting off, other than the engine fans running at a couple of stops. My paperwork does not indicate that the dealer did a reflash of the PCM, all it mentions is installing the new catalytic converters, returning of the old ones as cores and something called "Label-Authorized Modification" which I assume is the paperwork that is filed to verify that the emissions work has been completed.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #145
OK, drove the car around for a couple of hours yesterday and made several stops. Turned off the A/C, radio and put the windows down as suggested. I did not hear any noise when shutting off, other than the engine fans running at a couple of stops. My paperwork does not indicate that the dealer did a reflash of the PCM, all it mentions is installing the new catalytic converters, returning of the old ones as cores and something called "Label-Authorized Modification" which I assume is the paperwork that is filed to verify that the emissions work has been completed.
You got lucky.

·
Registered
2 Posts
You might want to wait to get this done. I just got mine done to day. They flash the ecu and now when you shut the car off it sounds like someone releasing their last breath. There is pressure being released through the throttle body from the SC when you shut the car off. The tech stalled the car (M6) and no noise. The tech said he never heard noise before either. He's going to contact Mother Mopar and get back to me. So you might want to wait before you take your Cat in for this recall. I'll post anything that happens. Like I said earlier. Karma biting me in the A$$. I shouldn't of beaten on those Z-casr in my 20s.

Exact same thing is happening on my 2016 Cat. A last breath sound when shutting down the car, and I'm also getting a burning smell, noticeable loss of horsepower, ect. I have the A8 tranny BTW.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Exact same thing is happening on my 2016 Cat. I'm also getting a burning smell.
I had it done a few weeks ago and have the "gasping" sound when turning the car off. I also feel noticeable loss in power, I have a M6 and before the recall work was done the car much more aggressive off the line and hard to control (which is a good thing) but now it almost like a traction control was installed and it is detuned. My recommendation would be to hold off, from what I understand is that the reprogramming/flashing was not compatible with the replacement of the cats and sensors.

·
Registered
In The Market
34 Posts
So my perfectly fine car gets screwed up by FCA and now I have no contact or ETA when they will fix it.....

·
Registered
6 Posts
Told by dealer today to pick up my car. Nothing can be done at this time. The car is drivable. They will call when a fix is provided. Well see if it’s drivable I’ll be testing that for sure

·
Registered
In The Market
34 Posts
Well, going to drive it like always now. Only time will tell I guess, but this is better than no news I suppose.....and BTW, @DodgeCares, working w/ my dealership is what got me here in the first place. It was the FCA provided flash that did this, so why can't you tell me when it is fixed?

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #153
I talked with my Dealer today still nothing. I guess I'll be driving The diesel Passat on route 66 for vacation next week. At least I'll save $500 on fuel.

Thanks FCA.
It shouldn't take over 10 business days to fix this.
Please try harder.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I talked with my Dealer today still nothing. I guess I'll be driving The diesel Passat on route 66 for vacation next week. At least I'll save $500 on fuel.

Thanks FCA.
It shouldn't take over 10 business days to fix this.
Please try harder.
heard that. took a trip to cape cod recently. 350 miles one way. would have been 2 tanks up, another tank for driving around the cape, 2 tanks home, and a final tank so I can drive to work everyday. love driving it, but that's a ton of fuel!

·
FCA Official
Challenger SRT Hellcat
201 Posts
Today I was informed that the recall should be taken off hold next week. Once I get more information than that, I will follow up.

Kaitlin
Dodge Cares

·
Registered
In The Market
34 Posts
Today I was informed that the recall should be taken off hold next week. Once I get more information than that, I will follow up.

Kaitlin
Dodge Cares
Why can't they tell us what exactly is happening? And will those of us who had it done, will we need a new flash?

·
Registered
21 Posts
They may need to call a good tuner, the butterfly is staying open and all they need to do is program the throttle. I might not be 100% right, but feel like I’m at least 90%. A good test is for someone that has not had it done, pump the gas a little right before turning the car off and see if they hear it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

141 - 160 of 179 Posts