SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to bump some more horse power from my new Hellcat. I have been reading a lot of different posts on weather exhaust upgrade or a better CAI or Pulley swap. What will give me more bang for my buck. I read a lot of mixed review on CAI with high IAT temps is this still the case? I am looking in 50 to 100HP boost what wold people recommend? I was thinking of upper pulley PMC and with a tune? I will be running 94 Octane in Canada at about 600 ft above sea level give or take a 100 ft
Thanks

·
Premium Member
562 Posts
There is more to this.. CAI is worthless without a tune. Pulley requires a tune. If you are going to race it you will need to consider a driveshaft and tires. There are also other simple mods like a 180 degree thermostat based on pump gas that's about where this takes you. You may consider a rear diff. I have been working on this for a couple months so if you are anything like me kind of want to get it all done at once. If just a 30 to 40 Hp at the rears a good tune should do the trick.

·
Premium Member
1,843 Posts
1.) feather the throttle
2.) lower back air presure, raise front tire pressure.
3.) if #1 & 2 don't help, buy an airplane.

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
Catch Can :p

·
Registered
414 Posts
I am going to do, upper pulley, clutch, Tune. But I'm going to wait a little bit more. I even bought the extended warranty..Bahh...

·
Registered
25 Posts
There is more to this.. CAI is worthless without a tune. Pulley requires a tune. If you are going to race it you will need to consider a driveshaft and tires. There are also other simple mods like a 180 degree thermostat based on pump gas that's about where this takes you. You may consider a rear diff. I have been working on this for a couple months so if you are anything like me kind of want to get it all done at once. If just a 30 to 40 Hp at the rears a good tune should do the trick.
HellSoot,
What does a 180 degree thermostat do for performance?
thanks

·
Registered
499 Posts
HellSoot,
thanks
I would guess that because it keeps the engine water temperature cooler (as opposed to a 192 degree thermostat) which thereby means the engine will run cooler which will help with the inter-cooler temperature which will help with combustion air temperature.

·
Premium Member
562 Posts
HellSoot,
thanks
Bob exactly that if you lower engine operating temperature and with the aid of a supercharger the compressed air at a lower temperature would help to make more power. Exactly how much more I could not say but for a very low cost it is a good mod along with others that you might be planning.

·
Registered
414 Posts
HellSoot,
thanks
It does nothing. Unless you tune for it. Thermostat will not lower the temperature unless you change the parameters that the fan turn on it will do absolutely nothing.

·
Premium Member
562 Posts
It does nothing. Unless you tune for it. Thermostat will not lower the temperature unless you change the parameters that the fan turn on it will do absolutely nothing.
Correct any engine mod to be recognized with little exception needs to be tuned for. Which makes it difficult unless you baseline with a tune and dyno and measure each change but most will do the stock dyno and then after all the upgrades you do. So if you are going to do a tune then a thermostat along with other items make sense.

·
Registered
499 Posts
change to a 3.09 diff if it is a challenger, no tune needed
Very happy with the results when I got the new diff a few weeks back. There are many threads that you can search to get opinions of others that have done this already.

·
DRIVESRT.COM
4,533 Posts
Unless you're driving on the highway. Fans don't usually run at highway speeds.

·
Premium Member
5,004 Posts
Drag radials and a driveshaft first. Then maybe 3.09 gear then after that pulley and tune time.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts