SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any of you have any recommendations for a good set of black forged lightweight wheels that are lighter than the factory stock ones and come in sizes 20x9.5 for the front and 20x10.5 for the rear? Curious to know if any of you have done some weight reduction on your Hellcats switching to lighter weight wheels and if you felt a difference?

·
Registered
2020 SRT SUPER STOCK HELLRAISIN
3,647 Posts
Any of you have any recommendations for a good set of black forged lightweight wheels that are lighter than the factory stock ones and come in sizes 20x9.5 for the front and 20x10.5 for the rear? Curious to know if any of you have done some weight reduction on your Hellcats switching to lighter weight wheels and if you felt a difference?
They would have to be quite a bit lighter to feel a difference. Factory forged wheels, come with the car and are free, 100% reliable. In those sizes you would have to spend a lot of money to feel the difference.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 426
1,861 Posts
I have the Velgen Lightweight series and really like them. 9.5x20 front, 11x20 rears. Advertised to be around 25lbs each. Gave them the beans on track and strip with no issues.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
5,069 Posts
BC Forged makes some of the best forged wheels at an affordable price. I've used several sets and love them.

Here's a set on my 2016 Hellcat.

And here's a set of my wife's 2020 C8 Corvette.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
BC Forged makes some of the best forged wheels at an affordable price. I've used several sets and love them.

Here's a set on my 2016 Hellcat.
View attachment 567022

And here's a set of my wife's 2020 C8 Corvette.
View attachment 567023

Those rims look good, whats the name of those BC forged rims exactly and how much do they weigh each? By the way nice looking Cat and C8.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Check tire weights too, btw, as that'll make a difference too

No point in switching to lighter wheels if your tires are heavier

This is true, my next set of tires will be some 305 555r2s in the rear and 275 conti ECS up front. I was gunna go with 275 555g2's up front but they are a few pounds heavier than the contis so contis it is up front for the little weight savings I can do there.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
5,069 Posts
Those rims look good, whats the name of those BC forged rims exactly and how much do they weigh each? By the way nice looking Cat and C8.
BC Forged RS41 on the Hellcat, can't remember the exact weight but they reduced over 40lbs from the car compared to the factory wheels and tires and that was with a much wider wheel on the front and rear. The BC Forged on the C8 is KL01 and they saved almost 40lbs compared to the stock wheels and tires on the C8.

Reactions: Red-key

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
BC Forged RS41 on the Hellcat, can't remember the exact weight but they reduced over 40lbs from the car compared to the factory wheels and tires and that was with a much wider wheel on the front and rear. The BC Forged on the C8 is KL01 and they saved almost 40lbs compared to the stock wheels and tires on the C8.

View attachment 567232 View attachment 567234

Thank you my friend.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
5,069 Posts
Just had to comment again how right that Indy Go looks.
Thanks but that's Jazz Blue Metallic. Indigo is a much brighter blue.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
5,069 Posts
The Konig are flow formed but doing well on broken California roads.
Flow formed are strong enough, but they won't be as light as a fully forged wheel like the BC Forged. I'm using a set of Vossen HF-5 wheels on my ZL1, they are flow formed. They are slightly lighter than cast but not nearly as light as a full forged wheel. Its my only regret with these wheels, I should have went with BC Forged again.

Reactions: Taxinator

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
679 Posts
Could you define "affordable price" for the set you had on your Challenger, if you don't mind?
A ‘cheap’ forged wheel (truly forged) is going to run $950-$1050 per wheel.

I went with BC Forged as well. EH172 on Vette. Sorry... dark car.... bad lighting.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
64 Posts
I think a good set that fits our Mopars are the Konig Ampliforms. They are Flow Formed, and have multiple sizes available. I ordered a 20x11 set for my DRs.

I'd say they are noticeable lighter than my 20x11 PK HR5s, but those are Forged wheels. I've seen a few peeps that run the Ampliforms in 20x9.5 F and 18x10 R.
They are hub centric and the bolt pattern is perfect.

I can't wait to install mine with the 555R IIs.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
679 Posts
PSA - YOU SHOULD NOT ROAD COURSE ON A ‘LESS-THAN-FORGED‘ WHEEL. Road course will beat your wheels, and eventually, when you least expect it.....

Next to impossible to detect. Micro-cracks not readily visible to human eye; or located in places that cannot be seen For easy inspection.

Many racing drivers will argue that wheels are ‘consumables’ and replaced after X-amount of time or sessions. Not sure I’d go -that- far, but then again, I’m not a racing driver; just a weekend warrior. Should be noted tho that despite being just a weekend warrior and running with other weekend warriors, I HAVE witnessed a (consumer grade ‘cast’) wheel shit the bed like the one in the article.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts