SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here’s my dilemma. I found a 2020 Redeye at dealership. Has 18 miles on it but is sold as used. Warranties still apply but not any new car incentives. Apparently the vehicle was damaged at the factory, fixed at the factory but what is being told to me that Chrysler can’t sell it as new. It then went a Chrysler auction where the dealership I’m dealing with bought it. The only paper trail specifying what damage/repair was done says “ damage to left rear qtr panel” which is on a disclosure that I would need to sign. Dealership told me damages caused at the factory that exceeds $700 needs to be disclosed. Does this smell fishy or should I just treat it as a used car that had some damage to the left rear qtr. and still has full warranties? Any feedback Is well appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
2015 Challenger SRT Hellcat M6
215 Posts
Sounds like body panel damage only, nothing structural or anything involving the frame. I think it's probably a good deal

·
Registered
187 Posts
before you sign anything have them put it on a lift and go over it with you.They want you to reduce your rights and decrease their liability ...could there be an engine issue..Are you a doubting Thomas like me that would want a compression leak down test..

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
9,495 Posts
Not a huge issue imo. Cars get damaged at the factory frequently. This is just how they disclose it and sell them. Have the repaired area checked and if it's a deal then you're good.

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
9,495 Posts
Very fishy.................like buy back titled vehicles.
Not the same at all. Buy backs are when the vehicle was sold to a customer already and couldnt be repaired within certain parameters, whether that be time or number of attempts. More of a lemon law type of deal. This is pretty straight forward body repair with full factory warranty.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
90 Posts
Here’s my dilemma. I found a 2020 Redeye at dealership. Has 18 miles on it but is sold as used. Warranties still apply but not any new car incentives. Apparently the vehicle was damaged at the factory, fixed at the factory but what is being told to me that Chrysler can’t sell it as new. It then went a Chrysler auction where the dealership I’m dealing with bought it. The only paper trail specifying what damage/repair was done says “ damage to left rear qtr panel” which is on a disclosure that I would need to sign. Dealership told me damages caused at the factory that exceeds $700 needs to be disclosed. Does this smell fishy or should I just treat it as a used car that had some damage to the left rear qtr. and still has full warranties? Any feedback Is well appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
90 Posts
Not the same at all. Buy backs are when the vehicle was sold to a customer already and couldnt be repaired within certain parameters, whether that be time or number of attempts. More of a lemon law type of deal. This is pretty straight forward body repair with full factory warranty.
I just bought a 2020 Redeye with 51 miles but actually had 102 miles when I got it. Carfax listed it as a Corporate Car but sold as used and was supposedly leased but for only 2 months before it went to dealer auction. Then the buying dealer listed it on Car Gurus. I just had it delivered yesterday to me. I can't find anything wrong with it. I did check top speed at 93mph and time on the clock (A odometer and B had a total of 40 hours time) Not really good for the engine ideling when it's new. MSRP was $96,200, I bought it for $77,000. not bad huh, almost $19,000 off MSRP

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
1,313 Posts
I just bought a 2020 Redeye with 51 miles but actually had 102 miles when I got it. Carfax listed it as a Corporate Car but sold as used and was supposedly leased but for only 2 months before it went to dealer auction. Then the buying dealer listed it on Car Gurus. I just had it delivered yesterday to me. I can't find anything wrong with it. I did check top speed at 93mph and time on the clock (A odometer and B had a total of 40 hours time) Not really good for the engine ideling when it's new. MSRP was $96,200, I bought it for $77,000. not bad huh, almost $19,000 off MSRP
That’s a good deal, imo.

·
Premium Member
2020 M6 HC
468 Posts
Maybe get an independent inspection from a local body expert. Make sure you get full warranty without exceptions.

And then if the price is right compared to what you can order new, exactly the way you want…. What kind of deal are they are offering? Realize that when you sell you will go through all this again but from the other side. The next buyer will be expecting a significant discount also.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
6,980 Posts
Get the dealer to print the service records for the car and also get a Carfax.

Damaged cars are repaired all the time and sold as new so why not this one? The wreck was bigger than they're letting on? I don't know but I'm suspicious.

Also I want to see if there's any previous owner and who, it could be FCA and that would be a red flag to me.

And what is the warranty in-service date? Dealer needs to print all this out (not just make up stories) for you to review.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
Challenger SRT Hellcat
7,279 Posts
It doesn't take long to get to over $700 damage. A scratch would be not far from that to fix. Take a look at the area and if all is well don't worry.
I bought a used 300S awd for the wife for winter.
When we picked it up they mentioned a right rear accident. That was not disclosed earlier.
I took out all the trunk liners and gave it a good look. Managed to get a discount from a dealer that does not negotiate.
The next day my wife says the car is perfect except for ticking sound when cold. I try it and there is the noise. I changed the oil and did the phaser cleaning and it was worse. Took it to a Dodge dealer as it still has powertrain warranty.
The dealer changed all the rockers and lifters.
Pick up the car and same noise. So two weeks later they put a new engine in it.
This to say that body damage will not be an issue for warranty.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
6,980 Posts
And not sure on that $700 thing either, damage disclosures vary by state and some have much higher limits before disclosure is required.

I didn't see what state you are in but it is entirely possible that this vehicle had substantially more than $700 worth of damage. Why else would FCA be involved?

I don't believe anything a salesman says, they are worse the politicians, you need the truth and it might be hard to get.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
HOTM Winner
Challenger SRT Hellcat Widebody
281 Posts
They want you to reduce your rights and decrease their liability ...could there be an engine issue..Are you a doubting Thomas like me that would want a compression leak down test..
Ummm, what?
Car retains all of its remaining Factory warranty. Other consumer protections would also apply
Damaged (probably cosmetic, done in transport or discovered on arrival) was stated as being left rear quarter and car was returned to dodge for repair (not uncommon)...somehow this means the engine could now be bad? mmk.

·
Premium Member
2020 M6 HC
468 Posts
My door ding cost more than $700!!! Fortunately he was caught and paid it.
DSC00057.JPG

·
Registered
187 Posts
Ummm, what?
Car retains all of its remaining Factory warranty. Other consumer protections would also apply
Damaged (probably cosmetic, done in transport or discovered on arrival) was stated as being left rear quarter and car was returned to dodge for repair (not uncommon)...somehow this means the engine could now be bad? mmk.
I'm just being a doubting Thomas...Life is about choices..and I would choose to pass on this. It may work out fine..but the OP gets to read more opinions...

1 - 20 of 35 Posts