SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Redeye
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a friend who's planning on taking his (narrow body 3.09) Red Eye to our local drag strip.

He's tentatively considering purchasing a set of Bravado Tribute 18 X 10 +20 offset wheels and a set of Mickey Thompson 305/45/18 ET Street R Drag Radials.

From what I can read this combination will NOT require any inner panel modifications or the need to shorten his sway bar links.

Is this true, and should he be concerned about the tires rotating on the rims?

Thank you !

·
Vendor
Challenger SRT Hellcat
213 Posts
I have a friend who's planning on taking his (narrow body 3.09) Red Eye to our local drag strip.

He's tentatively considering purchasing a set of Bravado Tribute 18 X 10 +20 offset wheels and a set of Mickey Thompson 305/45/18 ET Street R Drag Radials.

From what I can read this combination will NOT require any inner panel modifications or the need to shorten his sway bar links.

Thank you !
Very nice! Any reason why he’s not interested in doing a 17” for more sidewall? There’s a few options available as well including Beadlocks which will come in handy. 15-20 Challenger & Charger SRT Hellcat & Narrowbody Forgestar, Race Star Industries, Weld Racing Drag Racing Wheels, Mickey Thompson Drag Racing Tires and Street Tires and more!

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Redeye
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Very nice! Any reason why he’s not interested in doing a 17” for more sidewall? There’s a few options available as well including Beadlocks which will come in handy. 15-20 Challenger & Charger SRT Hellcat & Narrowbody Forgestar, Race Star Industries, Weld Racing Drag Racing Wheels, Mickey Thompson Drag Racing Tires and Street Tires and more!
Thank you [email protected] ---- He's not ruling out any recommended combinations at this time and is well aware there are better options available; but, since he only plans to run the car a couple times he wants to kept things as basic as possible without getting into any modifications or serious expense. He actually has a set of 275/40/20 Mickey Thompson Street SS drag radials; BUT, I told him I didn't think that's enough tire to hold a Red Eye with 3.09 gears.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,425 Posts
Yes the combo you mentioned will fit with out modifications. I had the same combo at one time .

Sent from my BBF100-2 using Tapatalk

·
Vendor
Challenger SRT Hellcat
213 Posts
Thank you [email protected] ---- He's not ruling out any recommended combinations at this time and is well aware there are better options available; but, since he only plans to run the car a couple times he wants to kept things as basic as possible without getting into any modifications or serious expense. He actually has a set of 275/40/20 Mickey Thompson Street SS drag radials; BUT, I told him I didn't think that's enough tire to hold a Red Eye with 3.09 gears.
Great strategy, best to get away from the 20s for that. If he needs a set of in-stock 17x10s, I have some F14 Beadlocks and non-beadlocks in Satin Black.

Non BDL: Forgestar F14 Drag Pack Satin Black Wheel 17x10 +30 5x115BC #1710F14MAT305115

BDL: Forgestar F14 Beadlock Satin Black Wheel 17x10 +30 5x115BC #BEAD1710F14MAT305115

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
285 Posts

Thank you !
I have the 18" Bravados with the 305's M/T street R's it works great. I run 22psi in mine. I lounch @ 1200rpm and they hook and go with 2.62's. Don't over heat them, a little smoke is good. No mod's, they fit great. I have a tune and run [email protected] with a 1.52 60' on 100 octane, 2018 standard body hellcat non redeye.... Mine have rotated on the rim, so sand the bead on the rims and use some kind of glue when you mount them... Lower tire pressure makes it worse... Have fun....

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Redeye
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have the 18" Bravados with the 305's M/T street R's it works great. I run 22psi in mine. I lounch @ 1200rpm and they hook and go with 2.62's. Don't over heat them, a little smoke is good. No mod's, they fit great. I have a tune and run [email protected] with a 1.52 60' on 100 octane, 2018 standard body hellcat non redeye.... Mine have rotated on the rim, so sand the bead on the rims and use some kind of glue when you mount them... Lower tire pressure makes it worse... Have fun....
Thank you Tucothelegend , OUTSTANDING performance and info !!

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have a 2019 Redeye widebody 3.09 gears no engine mods . The only mod that i have performed is a Performance Development front and rear diff brace's. I ran the car last weekend in Gainesville ,FL with the stock 20x11 wheel
with 325 Toyo Proxes ( my road course set up) Needless to say the car wasn't close to it's full potential. What 17' wheel and tire combination would you recommend for this set up. Thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts