SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite HOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a used hellcat Challenger 2016 but the red key reads as a black key when I'm in car what em I doing wrong or what could be happening. ???

Desperate to drive my car full power

· HOTM Winner
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
12,718 Posts
Check the setting.

· HOTM Winner
12,718 Posts
So you have no red key that works full power? You say you have a red key that works fine. Confusing.

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I just checked the car is making only 500 horsepower I found the setting thank you still only $500 horsepower
So you have no red key that works full power? You say you have a red key that works fine. Confusing.

No I have a red key that does not engage full power. The key works but when it's in the car the car says it's a black key even though it's a red key

· Registered
2015 Charger SRT Hellcat
4,043 Posts
Since the 2015 and 2016 came with 3 keys (I thought), I wonder if someone lost a red one, like mine, and they just put a red cover on a black key????????? Funny, I only got 2 red keys for mine, and no black.

· HOTM Winner
12,718 Posts
Sounds like someone programmed that fob wrong. Dont think theres a bypass. I would see a dealer.

· FCA Official
Challenger SRT Hellcat
583 Posts
I recently purchased a used hellcat Challenger 2016 but the red key reads as a black key when I'm in car what em I doing wrong or what could be happening. ???

Desperate to drive my car full power
Hi Nitro9399,
We see that you have received some great advice from your fellow forum members! However, if these suggestions do not address your concern and you decide to visit your dealer, our team would be happy to offer additional assistance throughout that process! We're available via private message.

Rob
Dodge Cares

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.