SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Selling a spare oem Dodge Challenger srt hellcat (RED KEY) I never used it so it's pretty much brand new . But you'll need a new blank key which is like $10 dollars on ebay

This key fob does have remote start on it

$60.00 shipped

3% added to all paypal goods and services

Attachments

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
70 Posts
Fob can be reprogrammed but you'll need a new key blank which is only $10 dollars on ebay
sorry, but this is NOT correct.
Hellcat keys, are different from other dodge vehicles, in that the keys once programmed to the car, CANNOT be reprogrammed to another vehicle.
They are "married" for life and there are only 5 total allowed per vehicle.

·
Registered
2021 Charger Redeye WB
84 Posts
Hellcat keys, are different from other dodge vehicles, in that the keys once programmed to the car, CANNOT be reprogrammed to another vehicle.
If this is true, thats a great way to prevent theft. Just marry 5 keys to the car so no one else can add another key

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Demon
807 Posts
That's what I heard too. I lost one, bought one of eBay new, took it my dealer and they programmed it. Three months later.i found the other. Today it is a paperweight.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,440 Posts
That's what I heard too. I lost one, bought one of eBay new, took it my dealer and they programmed it. Three months later.i found the other. Today it is a paperweight.
The paperweight one could be reprogrammed to your same vehicle from what I understand.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Demon
807 Posts
The paperweight one could be reprogrammed to your same vehicle from what I understand.
Maybe as a secondary unit to Driver 2 but I was told it wasn't possible.

Reactions: SuperChallenger

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
70 Posts
Its not possible.
been there done that, including buying a used one from ebay, to save a few $, that I was told by the tech and service manager at the dealership,..used red cat fobs could not be reprogrammed. Perhaps a standard black fob can be, but used red ones are no go.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts