SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeye Widebody Octane Red
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I've had my 2021 Challenger Redeye for a month and put 300 miles on it. I have been playing around with different drive modes. Street seems too mushy for a lack of better terms. Sport and Track modes I absolutely love the upshifts and how they hold the gears from shifting too early. The downshifts are good but that 2-1 downshift that happens at 10mph hits like you jab the brakes. Lol! I have the 3.09 gears.

Does everyone else feel the 2-1 downshift the same as I am? Street mode is pretty smooth for this downshift.

Reactions: Bigpern333

·
Registered
‘21 SRT SUPER STOCK
1,214 Posts
It’s the nature of the beast, welcome it

·
Registered
2021 Charger Redeye
167 Posts
Dude I’ve had my redeye charger for a month exactly today and I got 1,500 miles on it already I feel like that’s low lol I also DD mine as well 😝

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Redeye
8,475 Posts
Yep, normal. It would be brutal. Can’t even think of a reason to want a 2-1 unless you don’t like your tires and drivetrain.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, everyone. When I manually downshift, I don't go into 1st. It will do it automatically when I stop though. The 2-1 downshift is all done by the car.

I don't daily mine and as crappy as the weather has been, I've only been able to rack up 300 miles.

·
Premium Member
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
9,876 Posts
Thanks, everyone. When I manually downshift, I don't go into 1st. It will do it automatically when I stop though. The 2-1 downshift is all done by the car.

I don't daily mine and as crappy as the weather has been, I've only been able to rack up 300 miles.
What mode is your trans in? In Custom mode I keep my trans in race and drive in M. If I'm not mistaken it will stay in second when coming to a stop with the trans setting in race. I havent been able to drive it lately either due to the snow here but I think I remember that. Not 100% sure though.

·
Registered
31 Posts
So, I've had my 2021 Challenger Redeye for a month and put 300 miles on it. I have been playing around with different drive modes. Street seems too mushy for a lack of better terms. Sport and Track modes I absolutely love the upshifts and how they hold the gears from shifting too early. The downshifts are good but that 2-1 downshift that happens at 10mph hits like you jab the brakes. Lol! I have the 3.09 gears.

Does everyone else feel the 2-1 downshift the same as I am? Street mode is pretty smooth for this downshift.
Same exact experience- my RE is a 2020, with 3:09, and I have the same abrupt downshift in sport and track modes, but I actually like it the more I drive it, reminds me of downshifting and dropping the clutch on an old 4spd

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What mode is your trans in? In Custom mode I keep my trans in race and drive in M. If I'm not mistaken it will stay in second when coming to a stop with the trans setting in race. I havent been able to drive it lately either due to the snow here but I think I remember that. Not 100% sure though.
I've been trying all modes. I have been going into manual mode more and hanging in 2nd gear until stopped.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I figured it's a matter of getting used to it with the 3.09s. Going up the gears in manual mode is fun. Chirps the tires frequently and I'm not even on it hard. Lol!

Reactions: Superbee

·
Premium Member
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
9,876 Posts
I've been trying all modes. I have been going into manual mode more and hanging in 2nd gear until stopped.
Ah. So in track it still goes all the way to first...I need to drive mine again lol.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ah. So in track it still goes all the way to first...I need to drive mine again lol.
That's what I am seeing. In Track mode, the downshift is pretty aggressive at 10mph when it goes. I think a better shift point would be at 5mph. I do a lot of city driving. Sport mode isn't quite as aggressive but really noticeable. You should drive yours, Lol!

Reactions: Slowpoke387

·
Registered
31 Posts

Yes that's normal, especially if you're shifting with the paddles

1 - 13 of 13 Posts