SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite HOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!

redeye 262

580 Views 11 Replies 8 Participants Last post by  GoatZilla
just wondering, is the 262 diff the same one in the hc & the redeye?
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
Challenger SRT Demon
546 Posts

· Registered
Challenger SRT 392
9,167 Posts
Not sure about two different 2.62's but Redeye driveshaft and axles definitely different, the axles are the heavy duty 41-spline also used on Demon, Scat Pack 1320 and all Widebodies.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

· Registered
50 Posts
I was able to change my order to include the 3:09 axle package and I'm glad I did! When I ordered (over the phone) the way he indicated the 3:09 axle option was the highway (higher) gear ratio. I didn't realize at that time that the 2:62 was the stock ratio and the 3:09 option actually the lower one. It's that 'Lower # = Higher ratio vs Higher # = Lower ratio' thing that confuses people who don't have a mechanical background (I'm being kind here ;)).

· Registered
Challenger SRT 392
9,167 Posts
I didn't realize at that time that the 2:62 was the stock ratio and the 3:09 option actually the lower one. It's that 'Lower # = Higher ratio vs Higher # = Lower ratio' thing that confuses people who don't have a mechanical background (I'm being kind here ;)).
Same thing with short and tall gears, the 2.62 is taller than the 3.09 which is shorter but many get it backwards lol. [emoji3]

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts