SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
Charger SRT 392
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. There was more in it. This pass was on a tune that made 830 rwhp, we loaded the 880 rwhp tune and proceeded to grenade the rear end.
it will go back together stronger and we have plans to see an 8 second/stock blower pass with this car in the future :)

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Congrats! What type of timing and AFR was in the one that grenades your re?

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
686 Posts
Thanks guys. There was more in it. This pass was on a tune that made 830 rwhp, we loaded the 880 rwhp tune and proceeded to grenade the rear end.
it will go back together stronger and we have plans to see an 8 second/stock blower pass with this car in the future :)
Very nice run. What are the plans for beefing up the rear?

·
Registered
Charger SRT 392
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We did have a brace. Been there from day one with the drag setup.

We are still in the phase of determining exactly what happened before we determine how we will proceed with an upgrade.

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Redeye
492 Posts

We are still in the phase of determining exactly what happened before we determine how we will proceed with an upgrade.
did you have the new brace, and when it went did the brace help keep most of it together , did it cause any other damage. very nice run!! in the future when i do mod, if it goes, and i have the new brace 309 red eye rear,i will go to the 9 in conversion. keep us posted on your rear build. good luck with it !!

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
It is just strange with rwhp only in the 820-860 range it was so quick. 15 inch conversion does wonders!

·
Registered
114 Posts

I don't think the differential case is not able to take the side loads from the ring and pinion and is splitting like an egg.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I'm glad the block is not cracking like a egg!!
For sure!! when i drag raced my 9 second 37 plymouth years ago i had a 8.3/4 mopar diff in it and i kept breaking the main caps on the diff. I made what is called a ring gear deflection brace and what i did was drill a hole in the side of the case to except a 1/2 bolt then i made a bearing on the end of that bolt that almost resting on the back of the ring gear so when the ring gear deflected away from the pinion it pushed against that deflection bolt and spread the load from the main caps a little and i never broke another main cap again. if someone made a brace that supported the sides of the differential on the hellcat i bet it would help a ton. Just a thought.

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Redeye
492 Posts
Hhp sells it,housing,strange center section all hardware, as far as the dia. Of the ring gear? No clue.they make a custom housing that takes a regular 9in pumpkin,and half shafts,all in on kit.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
176 Posts
Very impressive. Whats involved doing the 15inch conversion? Also keep us posted on rear end end. I ran a 9.7 had a little wheel hop off tree, i also have a brace lucky i didnt break myself.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
51 Posts
i heard someone at the track rental hurt an engine is that true and if you do another rental in orlando message me i have a few cars i like to bring

1 - 20 of 42 Posts