SRT Hellcat Forum banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
i heard someone at the track rental hurt an engine is that true and if you do another rental in orlando message me i have a few cars i like to bring
Not at our rental...?
It was our Redeye and SRTMush, both killed the rear ends. No motor issues.
Also ran a stock 16 HC (10.96) and a few slow Mustangs and Trucks, but no issues under any hoods ;)

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
keep me in mind if you do a rental in orlando anytime soon
Unfortunately we don't open them up to anyone. We have our 6 spots normally and we fill them with R&D projects or applications that we want to get good before/after drag strip data from, I was lucky to get a single pass in my personal Scat Pack. We invited SRTMush to this one for a few reasons, but mainly because we sponsor his car and knew it would get lots of views ;)
We also had this grandiose plan to have 2 8 second/stock blower passes on the same day, but alas, it wasn't to be...

·
Registered
51 Posts
thats cool i will get with a few other local guys and get something together we run at pbir but its not as good as orlando with wade's prep

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
We will be announcing our 2020 Horsepower Wars event which will take place at OSW this year, should be a good time.
Looking like March ;)

They do provide some amazing prep. Took me 5 minutes to get my sneaker back after I decided to walk the track in the morning, lol.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Back to the track for another rental Thursday. Weather is not looking great so here's to hoping we can find some improvement over the 9.29 running the 2.65 and hot tune ;)

·
Premium Member
6,524 Posts
Good Luck and hope your weather changes like up here in PA does.

Linda :)

·
Premium Member
472 Posts
Not at our rental...?
It was our Redeye and SRTMush, both killed the rear ends. No motor issues.
Also ran a stock 16 HC (10.96) and a few slow Mustangs and Trucks, but no issues under any hoods ;)
what did you do with your rear?

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Good Luck and hope your weather changes like up here in PA does.

I'm excited as I'm told I may be seeing TopCat make some passes?
Will be good to see Josh for sure.

Weather looks pretty locked in, not terrible, but not as cool as we were hoping ;)

·
Premium Member
6,524 Posts
I'm excited as I'm told I may be seeing TopCat make some passes?
Will be good to see Josh for sure.

Weather looks pretty locked in, not terrible, but not as cool as we were hoping ;)
Possibly I know he's helping a customer with his Hellcat that is moving to FL

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Good day at the track, but the temps are not cooperating.
Josh went a new best 60' in TopCat (1.34 as I recall).
We went 1.31 in our Redeye to back up the previous 1.29 but its about 25* warmer today than last time we were out and the best pass was a 9.4x at 144.
SRTMush is out there hanging the wheels and getting it dialed in for a run at the 8s in the heat.

As much as I hate to admit it, the most impressive thing out there was this Orange 10 speed Mustang GT with a Whipple.
Its on a 20" radial, and went 1.45 to the 60' and 9.48 @ 153, spinning through the first 3 or 4 gears.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
After I left (some of us had to get back to work) the Redeye went 1.28 to the 60' but the air just wouldn't support the same power we were making last time out.
It did go wheels up though. Amazing with this beast of a car.

Attachments

21 - 39 of 39 Posts