SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Widebody Indigo Blue with Graphics Package
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just ordered a replacement air filter for a 2020 REWB, wanted a second so I didn't have to wait for one to dry after cleaning. Do they come pre-oiled?

·
Registered
Charger SRT 392
1,676 Posts
According to this guy's video, I'm assuming it is oiled as he installed it right out of the box:

But, if in doubt, just check it when it shows up. You should be able to tell by the touch.

·
Registered
'22 Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeye
257 Posts
Just ordered a replacement air filter for a 2020 REWB, wanted a second so I didn't have to wait for one to dry after cleaning. Do they come pre-oiled?
Not an oiled filter

·
Registered
257 Posts
I ordered a Demon filter and it came oiled.
different filter. The red colored filter for the 2019 and up Hellcat and Redeye is not an oiled filter.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,625 Posts
they come oiled ready to install.

edit: ok it felt oiled and is red so just figured. but i guess not they are ready to install that's about all i konw.

·
Registered
257 Posts
If it's red ,it's oiled. I just cleaned a filter and it's white til you put oil which is red,back on it.
you are incorrect. I have a ‘19 Hellcat and a ‘22 Redeye sitting in my garage right now. Both have the red filter. Both are NON-OILED!

Reactions: usmc341

·
Registered
257 Posts
Ok, how do you know there not oiled. Are you saying that the filter media is naturally red?
The oil has nothing to do with color. It is used to trap particulate matter as opposed to a dry filter which does so with a denser filter media. Telling the difference between the two is obvious by sight - one is dry and the other is covered in a thick layer of oil. The Hellcat and Redeye factory filters are dry. Look it up if you don’t believe me.

·
Registered
Demon #2293 Indigo blue
272 Posts
If you go into the search on this Forum you will see that the Demon filter is definitely oiled. As far as the redeye filter, there is no definitive answer on this forum. You may or maynot be correct. If you did look it up,I'd like to see the link.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ok, so is it or isn't it??? I guess when I take the old one off I'll clean it to see if any oil comes out before installing the new one. If it's oiled I'll oil the old and store it in plastic till it's time for another swap.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Redeye
107 Posts
The filter media after cleaning on my 2019 is white. The oil is what makes it red.
The filter media is also red in color

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yep, new filter came today. It's definitely oiled, not so much you see an oily shine. As a matter of fact looking at it in the bag it came in it doesn't look oiled, it looks dry. But when I took it out of the bag and felt the pleats they were 100% oiled.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts