SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
'22 Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeye
257 Posts
Just ordered a replacement air filter for a 2020 REWB, wanted a second so I didn't have to wait for one to dry after cleaning. Do they come pre-oiled?
Not an oiled filter

·
Registered
257 Posts
I ordered a Demon filter and it came oiled.
different filter. The red colored filter for the 2019 and up Hellcat and Redeye is not an oiled filter.

·
Registered
257 Posts
If it's red ,it's oiled. I just cleaned a filter and it's white til you put oil which is red,back on it.
you are incorrect. I have a ‘19 Hellcat and a ‘22 Redeye sitting in my garage right now. Both have the red filter. Both are NON-OILED!

Reactions: usmc341

·
Registered
257 Posts
Ok, how do you know there not oiled. Are you saying that the filter media is naturally red?
The oil has nothing to do with color. It is used to trap particulate matter as opposed to a dry filter which does so with a denser filter media. Telling the difference between the two is obvious by sight - one is dry and the other is covered in a thick layer of oil. The Hellcat and Redeye factory filters are dry. Look it up if you don’t believe me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts