21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts

·
Registered
In The Market
20 Posts
First thing I said when seeing a WB was those flairs look like the old Rod Hall direct connection 4x4s of the 70s !
Ordered a NB redeye on 8/31 and while waiting to go into D1 status the flairs grew on me , love the NB's but went WB instead. Go with what you like,you'll never go wrong that way!!!! 20191109_172854.jpg

·
Registered
In The Market
17 Posts
I prefer to call my Redeye a regular body instead of a narrow body. It's still pretty beefy. I plan to go to a wider wheel and tire setup when the weather warms up. Definitely need more grip in the rear.

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
593 Posts
I prefer to call my Redeye a regular body instead of a narrow body. It's still pretty beefy. I plan to go to a wider wheel and tire setup when the weather warms up. Definitely need more grip in the rear.
Idk why people have to call a standard challenger a narrow body? It was never a narrow body to begin with. These cars aren’t even considered narrow by any stretch either... lol. Someone above said they have a streamlined challenger, and I feel that is 1000% more appropriate then “NaRrOw BoDy” lol

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
127 Posts
On a Widebody; you can fit 345/30's on 12" wheels and have them all looking good under the sheet metal. In a street traction contest with a REWB your toast.
Plus...The whole idea of the Redeye Widebody is for road race/Track day use. Just junk the stock tires. Couple of strut braces can't hurt. Slap it in track mode and surprise your fellow racers.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,471 Posts
Several times over the last 6 months I have passed a black Redeye wide body...several times over the last 6 months I have wanted to be driving that HC WB....

·
Registered
56 Posts
I don’t mind the fender flares as much as I do that dual scoop ugliness. Is it an option with REs to get the original HC hood instead?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Redeye
8,040 Posts
Plus...The whole idea of the Redeye Widebody is for road race/Track day use. Just junk the stock tires. Couple of strut braces can't hurt. Slap it in track mode and surprise your fellow racers.
Thank you again for your info on the Petty Brace. Mine arrives tomorrow and is the last piece of a bunch of nice items in the garage now. Got one wheel/tire to check out also coming tomorrow. If it works we will have 12" wheels on all four corners for lapping fun. 12" holding big meats on all four corners under cover is impossible without a Widebody.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
7,542 Posts
I don’t mind the fender flares as much as I do that dual scoop ugliness. Is it an option with REs to get the original HC hood instead?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nope. Now you have to buy a SP to get the old hood. Or a six banger Durango. Go figure 🤦‍♂️

·
Registered
In The Market
938 Posts
According to that chart above I have one of 16 sublime hellcat Redeyes I think the flares just make this car look meaner
Hey AJG, beautiful Sublime! Congrats! Love the stripes on this color with the nostrils. I've always been a satin hood guy in the past. Your car is much like mine with WB, stripes, and sublime.

Quick heads up. I believe the chart you are referencing is for the Redeye without widebody. The numbers that I've heard for 2019 widebody sublime are: 86 total: 78 US, 7 Canada, and 1 exported. If both our numbers are accurate it means combined sublime Redeyes for 2019 would be 102.

Don't want to reduce the thrill of owning our great, 2 year color cars, wanted to share what I hope are accurate numbers. With 2019 being the only year with Widebody sublime my eyes go to that chart. I enjoy seeing how many cars out there are like mine. By the way, I thought the same thing as you for a while after seeing the one of 16 number.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Redeye
134 Posts
Hey AJG, beautiful Sublime! Congrats! Love the stripes on this color with the nostrils. I've always been a satin hood guy in the past. Your car is much like mine with WB, stripes, and sublime.

Quick heads up. I believe the chart you are referencing is for the Redeye without widebody. The numbers that I've heard for 2019 widebody sublime are: 86 total: 78 US, 7 Canada, and 1 exported. If both our numbers are accurate it means combined sublime Redeyes for 2019 would be 102.

Don't want to reduce the thrill of owning our great, 2 year color cars, wanted to share what I hope are accurate numbers. With 2019 being the only year with Widebody sublime my eyes go to that chart. I enjoy seeing how many cars out there are like mine. By the way, I thought the same thing as you for a while after seeing the one of 16 number.
Definitely! Thank you for the compliments and congrats on the sublime dual stripes! I see what your saying about the numbers, either way, I'm happy that we both got a more rare color. Even if we don't have 1 of 16 cars we certainly have a great color. Either way, cheers man!

21 - 33 of 33 Posts