SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Dodge Challenger Hellcat Redeye Widebody
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All,

I believe my Redeye is down on power compared to other numbers I've seen. My buddy managed a 10.9 second 1/4 mile with the stock shitty ass all season Pirelli tires. I was at the same track on the same day, and only managed a 10.6 with MT drag radials. How can that be? Do I just go to my local dealer and complain of lack of power?

·
Registered
75 Posts
You’re gonna get asked a lot of relative comparison questions, so be prepared. What was your 60 foot compared to your friends? Many will point to the difference in drivers, but all in all a 10.5/10.6 with a bone stock Redeye (with slicks of course) is a kick butt time! I doubt your car is lacking power honestly - but I could be wrong.

·
Administrator
Challenger SRT Hellcat
7,344 Posts
Basically your buddy had above average results and you did pretty good. So the car must be down on power?🤔
What were the differences in weather?
Temp, baro,humidity and Da?
What was your 60' ,1/8 & 1/4 et and mph?
I will ask what gears you have more to understand the times. Not that it should effect the et much.
The car is not likely under powered. You ran a 10.6 for pete's sakes.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Same gears, 2.62s; same day at the same track, so environmentals is not in play. The air was good, started at -400 and got to -100 or so. Will get tickets for all my numbers, but don't have his. I'll ask him to send me a picture.

Reactions: moparjim

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Redeye
512 Posts
Hey All,

I believe my Redeye is down on power compared to other numbers I've seen. My buddy managed a 10.9 second 1/4 mile with the stock shitty ass all season Pirelli tires. I was at the same track on the same day, and only managed a 10.6 with MT drag radials. How can that be? Do I just go to my local dealer and complain of lack of power?
my best nov. 3 2019 da -510 52 deg. atco dragway 1143 am 60 ft 1.48 1/4 10.472 mph130.14 bone stock with 309 rear on pump gas rear brace and saftey loop , 315 50 r 17in mt etrs drag radials that was ideal conditions, and good track prep. so your in the ball park for sure just depends on your 60 ft and elevation, air temp your setings on the dash when you launch , all of that plays a big roll when were talking about fractions of a second.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I agree. I've never hit 130. Always in the 129 mph range.

·
Registered
299 Posts
I agree. I've never hit 130. Always in the 129 mph range.
If you agree then you would realize you have nothing to be concerned about.

The guy above who ran a 10.4 trapped 130.4mph at ATCO in November with 3.09 gears and drag radials and had an awesome 1.48 60’ for his best time yet.

ATCO is considered a fast track and you were within 1mph proving your car is making the power.

If you go to the dealer complaining about that could you record it for us.

·
Registered
2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Widebody
50 Posts
Honestly, their are so many factors that can be involved with your track times...weather, track prep, tire pressure, driver, etc. Your 60 ft would be a decent indicator, but I recommend starting a "Log". Just get a small notebook, and record the Date/ Time, Weather (Temp, DA, Humidity, Baro), Tire Pressure, Track Conditions, etc for each pass. I know it sounds tedious, but keeping & reviewing this data will help you become a better driver and help you to better understand the effects of these things on your car and times.

FWIW, I have a stock 19 RE WB and was able to run a 10.27 with a 1.43 60' in similar conditions with 315/50-17 ET R's. I don't think your car is "down on power", but think that your time has more to do with the multitude of factors listed above. I agree the car is capable of more, but realistically speaking, the RE is more of a consistent 10.5 car in normal (hot) weather so anything below that is a bonus.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Do I have to say this again? My friend was at the same track at the same time. Hello!

I have about 100 time slips, most with DA documented as well as launch conditions.

I'll do the math to give avg and median times, but don't see what good it'll do. I'm looking at comparisons with other Redeyes, and this is my only experience with same day track times. He had shitty all seasons and I had MTs and skinnies. He ran 10.9 and I ran 10.6. He used my advice, and launched in second gear then moved it to auto mode after the launch.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The stupidity is deafening. Please go away.

·
Registered
27 Posts
You are drag racing your car and want to go to the dealer to complain about power? What happened to working on it and getting some results? Get a laptop spend some money on a program and learn how to optimize the parameters and engine management systems and kick some butt at the track. Just for s and g's you will be making adjustments every time you are at the track. Dealer will charge you to accomplish nothing more than they are allowed to do. They sell wax there too.

·
DRIVESRT.COM
Challenger SRT Hellcat
4,803 Posts
What were the time slips?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Unbelievable how stupid people are out there. Did y'all vote for Biden too?

Reactions: dragrcr

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,040 Posts
Forum rules:

Ask a question
Get answers
Don't like answers
Insult those who did answer.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts