SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Widebody
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Total newbie Redeye question. I can put the SRT mode in any mode and it still seems that right off the line the traction control is still working. Example - Flooring it from a light the car starts to break the tires loose, then shifts to second, then no power, shifts to third and takes off with no wheel spin. ( In any Mode ) Shouldn't the car just burn the tires off for as long as I have my foot in it shifting through the gears. ???

·
Registered
2019 Challenger Widebody Redeye
288 Posts
hold the TC button for about 5 seconds, you'll hear the beep and the TC light will come on. Doesn't matter what you do, if you floor the gas pedal you'll never have traction in these cars.... Even with 305/35/20 MT Street SS @ 16psi I still can't use 1st gear completely and if I don't feather properly in 1st gear 2nd gear will spin all over the place.... I see guys with 17" wheels still burn the tires off when they don't use pedal control. unless you're looking to drift your redeye, I would leave the traction control on and learn pedal control.

·
Super Moderator
Jeep GC Trackhawk
2,472 Posts
Are you hitting the rev. limiter?

Reactions: moparjim

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If that's the traction control it is horrible. At a punch it starts spinning the wheels in first to about 4K rpm. Shuts down power then goes into second. Starts to spin then completely shuts power down to the point you think you broke something, shifts into third then slowly starts to take off. It's just a weird feeling.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No matter which mode you have it in, traction control will be on one way or another. To completely turn it off, hold the traction control button for roughly 8 seconds until you see traction shows "Off" on the screen.
Ok - Got it. I thought when the car with the skid marks in the right cluster was on it meant the TC was off. Thanks for the responses.

·
Registered
2020 WB Charger Hellcat
69 Posts
I’ve noticed with the cars traction control in sport mode it will break the tires free and not intrude with power cuts and early shifts. While traction control is on street mode, or track mode, it will do all it can to prevent the wheels from spinning. Sport and track mode will show the “traction control off” icon on your dash. Even though it’s not truly all the way off.

·
Registered
2020 SRT SUPER STOCK HELLRAISIN
3,696 Posts
If that's the traction control it is horrible. At a punch it starts spinning the wheels in first to about 4K rpm. Shuts down power then goes into second. Starts to spin then completely shuts power down to the point you think you broke something, shifts into third then slowly starts to take off. It's just a weird feeling.
First of all if you fully defeat the traction control by holding the button you will have TWO lights and you will get a final warning when the second light comes on.

The car is upshifting gear by gear until it gets into a high enough gear so that the gearing advantage will not overcome the tires/traction and then it hooks and bogs. TOTALLY normal. The car is pulling the throttle back and pulling timing on the gear shifts, totally normal. Not shutting down. Would you rather it blow up? When you have 800 horsepower it has to be managed in a certain way to keep novices from blowing up. I drag race all the time. And, gee, I have NEVER done what you are describing. I save my rubber for the drag strip and drive normal on the street and I respect the 800 HP I have.

Ways to prevent some of this is to go manual on the shifter. If things get out of hand it will still force upshifts in manual mode to get things under control, but once you get going you need to start shifting the car to prevent an over rev or slap the shifter over into auto mode. This will probably be more to your liking. Good luck.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
First of all if you fully defeat the traction control by holding the button you will have TWO lights and you will get a final warning when the second light comes on.

The car is upshifting gear by gear until it gets into a high enough gear so that the gearing advantage will not overcome the tires/traction and then it hooks and bogs. TOTALLY normal. The car is pulling the throttle back and pulling timing on the gear shifts, totally normal. Not shutting down. Would you rather it blow up? When you have 800 horsepower it has to be managed in a certain way to keep novices from blowing up. I drag race all the time. And, gee, I have NEVER done what you are describing. I save my rubber for the drag strip and drive normal on the street and I respect the 800 HP I have.

Ways to prevent some of this is to go manual on the shifter. If things get out of hand it will still force upshifts in manual mode to get things under control, but once you get going you need to start shifting the car to prevent an over rev or slap the shifter over into auto mode. This will probably be more to your liking. Good luck.
Not that I would do it a lot. I am a old school guy. 69' ProMod Chevelle, 1966 C10, 40' Ford Coupe; etc. This is just my first venture into computer controller cars. My control has always been the skinny petal. And always a stick or Lenco. Thanks for the info. Just a lot to learn on this new car.

·
Registered
2020 SRT SUPER STOCK HELLRAISIN
3,696 Posts
Not that I would do it a lot. I am a old school guy. 69' ProMod Chevelle, 1966 C10, 40' Ford Coupe; etc. This is just my first venture into computer controller cars. My control has always been the skinny petal. And always a stick or Lenco. Thanks for the info. Just a lot to learn on this new car.
OK, I am going to guess you have a wide body? I think a regular Hellcat on 275's will go to 5th or 6th and just smoke as long as you want. Maybe that is with stability control fully disabled. Of course a few have been in the ditch doing that as well. I HIGHLY recommend that you never defeat Stability control fully by holding the button down for several seconds. If you are going straight it will not intervene. In fact it will even let you get sideways sometimes as long as you are on the "intended path".

Good luck.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
OK, I am going to guess you have a wide body? I think a regular Hellcat on 275's will go to 5th or 6th and just smoke as long as you want. Maybe that is with stability control fully disabled. Of course a few have been in the ditch doing that as well. I HIGHLY recommend that you never defeat Stability control fully by holding the button down for several seconds. If you are going straight it will not intervene. In fact it will even let you get sideways sometimes as long as you are on the "intended path".

Good luck.
Oh I will be leaving it on. Especially went I get it back from Forza for a few upgrades. Should be sitting at 1250hp+.

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Redeye
8,465 Posts
Oh I will be leaving it on. Especially went I get it back from Forza for a few upgrades. Should be sitting at 1250hp+.
Sport Mode should light your world up with burnt rubber both before and definitely after your upgrade.

1250 huh? What are you doing to the supporting cast on the car like the transmission and suspension items in the rear?

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
9,343 Posts
1250 o_O

Reactions: DGatzby

·
Registered
2017 Challenger SRT Hellcat
369 Posts
Reactions: DGatzby

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Redeye
8,465 Posts
@Redeye Mopar do tell us more about the 1250hp, and it’s supporting setup. I see in a previous post you are going to do a lot of road racing.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts