SRT Hellcat Forum banner

21 - 40 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Widebody
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
This is the mods I am planning on............ +/-
Hi-Flow Catalytic Converter ( TX Legal )
Mark Williams two Piece DS
Adjustable Billet Front & Rear Control Arms
Tub Sway Bars
Upgraded Axles
Adjustable Lowering Package - Springs and shocks ( Maybe )
3.09 Rear End Diff
HD Billet 2-piece Differential Rear Brace & Front Brace
Transmission Tune
Crank Case Breather/Catch Can
Port/Polish Blower Intake
New Plugs
Upper & Lower Pulley ( Lower Pinned ) w/ New Belt
Crank Damper
Larger Throttle Body
PCM Modification
160 Thermostat
Stainless Long Tube Headers
Possible a small Nitrous hit. They have an internal package that is very nice. +125hp in addition.

Probably forgetting something. Hope to have it done by June this year.

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Redeye
8,465 Posts
Wow, where are you going to lap it at, should be interesting? Me and a couple of others on here may want to come and watch.

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Redeye
8,465 Posts
Eagle Canyon here in Decatur, TX. I also plan on several more in the connecting states.
Well, visit our Road Race section and we will look forward to seeing some videos and maybe meeting sometime. 1250 hp will be plenty on a road course with 4500+lbs. I have to tell you two years into this Redeye with every conceivable suspension mod and the largest and most sticky tires and wheels—— problems hooking at nearly ANY SPEED.

So far using the 1/2 mile plus straight at BIR as a comparison, the Redeye HAS NOT made that trip quicker than my ‘15 unmodified power plant with equal suspension mods and smaller tires did!

Also you probably need to have FORZA figure some extra cooling for ya. That extra 50% in power on top of the 800 is going to make some big heat under power for 15-20 minutes. Saw another who brought a modified HC to Road America last year with a boast of over 1000 hp. Never made a lap. Be careful upgrading.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Well, visit our Road Race section and we will look forward to seeing some videos and maybe meeting sometime. 1250 hp will be plenty on a road course with 4500+lbs. I have to tell you two years into this Redeye with every conceivable suspension mod and the largest and most sticky tires and wheels—— problems hooking at nearly ANY SPEED.

So far using the 1/2 mile plus straight at BIR as a comparison, the Redeye HAS NOT made that trip quicker than my ‘15 unmodified power plant with equal suspension mods and smaller tires did!

Also you probably need to have FORZA figure some extra cooling for ya. That extra 50% in power on top of the 800 is going to make some big heat under power for 15-20 minutes. Saw another who brought a modified HC to Road America last year with a boast of over 1000 hp. Never made a lap. Be careful upgrading.
Will do. What is the biggest tire combo you have been able to get on yours? Running Nittos right now.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
691 Posts
Eagle Canyon here in Decatur, TX. I also plan on several more in the connecting states.
I’m going to be in your backyard a few times this year. Eagles canyon and MSR Cresson for sure.

once I get my dates together I’ll post a calendar. Nice to meet up when possible. Will keep everyone posted.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
691 Posts
Oh and when you talk ‘connecting states", I go to Hallett all the time. My "home track".

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
I’m going to be in your backyard a few times this year. Eagles canyon and MSR Cresson for sure.

once I get my dates together I’ll post a calendar. Nice to meet up when possible. Will keep everyone posted.
Make sure you come on a open track day. They run the long 2.5mile Italian course. 150+ back stetch!!

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
691 Posts
Make sure you come on a open track day. They run the long 2.5mile Italian course. 150+ back stetch!!
Must be referring to ECR. Been to MSR plenty, but spring will be my first trip to ECR. Looking forward to it.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
958 Posts
First of all if you fully defeat the traction control by holding the button you will have TWO lights and you will get a final warning when the second light comes on.

The car is upshifting gear by gear until it gets into a high enough gear so that the gearing advantage will not overcome the tires/traction and then it hooks and bogs. TOTALLY normal. The car is pulling the throttle back and pulling timing on the gear shifts, totally normal. Not shutting down. Would you rather it blow up? When you have 800 horsepower it has to be managed in a certain way to keep novices from blowing up. I drag race all the time. And, gee, I have NEVER done what you are describing. I save my rubber for the drag strip and drive normal on the street and I respect the 800 HP I have.

Ways to prevent some of this is to go manual on the shifter. If things get out of hand it will still force upshifts in manual mode to get things under control, but once you get going you need to start shifting the car to prevent an over rev or slap the shifter over into auto mode. This will probably be more to your liking. Good luck.
Having never been to the strip but having done my fair share of dumb stuff in my SRTs over the years, and having recently totaled my first car (the 07 Superbee I had listed for sale here) my 17 Hellcat always pulled right when traction was lost but my strut tower braces changed the car drastically. Are you guys in the Redeyes not running strut tower braces or are these newer cars just behaving a little differently?

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Redeye
8,465 Posts
Will do. What is the biggest tire combo you have been able to get on yours? Running Nittos right now.
345/30 rears, 325/30 fronts (do not attempt taller in front) with very custom Triumph matching 12” wide wheels. The Cup 2’s spin at 100 mph+ even full warm! Stock power.

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Redeye
8,465 Posts
Having never been to the strip but having done my fair share of dumb stuff in my SRTs over the years, and having recently totaled my first car (the 07 Superbee I had listed for sale here) my 17 Hellcat always pulled right when traction was lost but my strut tower braces changed the car drastically. Are you guys in the Redeyes not running strut tower braces or are these newer cars just behaving a little differently?
You can only fit a Petty Brace in. I tried it, and then deleted it. Could not feel a bit of difference.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
958 Posts
You can only fit a Petty Brace in. I tried it, and then deleted it. Could not feel a bit of difference.
That's what I had on mine and kept for the next one. Front and rear? Do you attribute it to the electronic power steering? What rears are you running tire wise?

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Redeye
8,465 Posts
Nice look! No rubbing at all?
No. The couple of track days when we really had the rear toe way too far inboard, the big meats barely scuffed the most infamous rib at the 3 o’clock position on the passenger side. Now that we have it adjusted nearly straight forward, it looks like that has stopped. So if anyone is considering a set of 12” or wider, maybe have the manufacturer give you just a mm or so more room. I have 345/30’s on another (my street set) set of 12” wide rears, and they don’t rub at all.

Front, pay attention to my little comment about not taller. Once the front wheels are either extended to a staggered look or when using anything wider than the 11” wide OEM, on turn-in the taller tires (including a 305/35) may make contact with the front liners.

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Redeye
8,465 Posts
That's what I had on mine and kept for the next one. Front and rear? Do you attribute it to the electronic power steering? What rears are you running tire wise?
You can get 345/30’s back there all day. Use at least a 12” wide wheel, and your in business.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
958 Posts
You can get 345/30’s back there all day. Use at least a 12” wide wheel, and your in business.
Do you attribute it to the electronic power steering? What rears are you running tire wise?

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Redeye
8,465 Posts
Do you attribute it to the electronic power steering? What rears are you running tire wise?
I think you are asking about the Petty Brace. I don’t know what to attribute the lack of any feeling of improvement in body lean, roll or handling to me anyway for the difference. I had to take it off because the dealer replaced my supercharger because of a fried pulley. No way could the smaller modified supercharger coolant tank sit there while a part of a new supercharger overheated. I never reinstalled it and frankly cannot feel any difference.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
691 Posts
345/30 rears, 325/30 fronts (do not attempt taller in front) with very custom Triumph matching 12” wide wheels. The Cup 2’s spin at 100 mph+ even full warm! Stock power.

View attachment 566642
regarding the spin at 100 mph... you’ve got the right tires... in sufficient sizes.....I’m wondering if you’re reaching a point (speed-wise) where lift is now becoming an issue. It is for me at 100 mph. much faster and I can feel the front end getting light. Additional aero is probably in the cards for me.

21 - 40 of 57 Posts