SRT Hellcat Forum banner

41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Widebody
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
regarding the spin at 100 mph... you’ve got the right tires... in sufficient sizes.....I’m wondering if you’re reaching a point (speed-wise) where lift is now becoming an issue. It is for me at 100 mph. much faster and I can feel the front end getting light. Additional aero is probably in the cards for me.
I plan on the Carbon fiber front spoiler (Larger) & rear diffuser. They will help settle down the rear when over 100mph.

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Redeye
8,465 Posts
regarding the spin at 100 mph... you’ve got the right tires... in sufficient sizes.....I’m wondering if you’re reaching a point (speed-wise) where lift is now becoming an issue. It is for me at 100 mph. much faster and I can feel the front end getting light. Additional aero is probably in the cards for me.
It’s the torque. I believe getting the tires on the ground in the rear nearly identical to a drag racer is the ticket. When I moved closer last year, it was good/better, but I can get it even closer. I have a little bit of camber to go (I have it already set), not much toe from the last, but a bit. It don’t make sense. It should hold on. We will see. Get the Chinese disease over and I’ll come down all the way to Dallas early in the season.

Reactions: sad

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Redeye
8,465 Posts
I plan on the Carbon fiber front spoiler (Larger) & rear diffuser. They will help settle down the rear when over 100mph.
I’m not doing that. I have been in the mid-160’s many laps now at BIR, and these are rock solid if they are dialed in correct. Could just buy a race car, that may be cheaper. This one must work for show, comfort on the street and as well as we can get it on the track. It will hook up. My ‘15 is a unicorn with stupid good power and it hung on at the very same track with PS4S 285’s, and even with its OEM Pirelli’s on many, many nasty laps. @sad tell us what a beast that little sucker is. This Redeye will either bust that base Hellcat’s sector time in that 1/2 + mile straight the first time out next year or me and @sad are going to have more in common with car ownership very soon.

Reactions: sad

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
I’m not doing that. I have been in the mid-160’s many laps now at BIR, and these are rock solid if they are dialed in correct. Could just buy a race car, that may be cheaper. This one must work for show, comfort on the street and as well as we can get it on the track. It will hook up. My ‘15 is a unicorn with stupid good power and it hung on at the very same track with PS4S 285’s, and even with its OEM Pirelli’s on many, many nasty laps. @sad tell us what a beast that little sucker is. This Redeye will either bust that base Hellcat’s sector time in that 1/2 + mile straight the first time out next year or me and @sad are going to have more in common with car ownership very soon.
Either way have fun with it. Hope to see you soon.

·
Registered
2019 Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeye Widebody
339 Posts
Back to the OPs original post, FWIW, try not matting the throttle. I have had similar confusion with what is going on with my Redeye, but have recently experimented with Sport mode, manual shift (shifter to the left and paddle shifting), and mash the throttle a bit. In third gear, 40ish mph on a 60° day and P-Zero summers, it will just roast the tires in a straight line. Probable better in fourth gear as it won't hit the limiter and shift. Be careful with TC/SC completely off. Lots of guys that have been burning rubber a long time have learned the expensive way. Good luck with controlling it on a road course with 1250hp!

·
Registered
2021 Charger Redeye
122 Posts
Eagle Canyon here in Decatur, TX. I also plan on several more in the connecting states.
Decatur, Texas that’s were I went and raced the oak hill national in Decatur I think it’s was oak hill or lake Whitney national for motocross they were fun tracks that’s forsure

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Well I have also decided on Velgen SL-7's for the Redeye. 20x12 Rears and 20x11 fronts. I haven't seen a ton of choices for tires in 345/30's. Anybody tried anything other than the Cup2's?

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Redeye
8,465 Posts
Well I have also decided on Velgen SL-7's for the Redeye. 20x12 Rears and 20x11 fronts. I haven't seen a ton of choices for tires in 345/30's. Anybody tried anything other than the Cup2's?
Both PS4S and Cup 2’s. Get the PS4S.
I may even will use those for my next rear track set and not the Cup 2’s.

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Redeye
8,465 Posts
Why is that?
They are too particular compared to the PS4S. They don’t seem to give a big benefit over them either. May be the bigger car? I know everyone likes them on lighter machines. I’ll try them again until this set wears. I really need to think about why that last set shed its shoulders on the way into Tulsa last year. Going to really test that problem. I had to buy two for my front street set!! The taller tires just were scraping too much for me and I really like the rears. I also have a fresh front set for the track. So you can’t ding me for not trying. Ask me around the 4th.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
They are too particular compared to the PS4S. They don’t seem to give a big benefit over them either. May be the bigger car? I know everyone likes them on lighter machines. I’ll try them again until this set wears. I really need to think about why that last set shed its shoulders on the way into Tulsa last year. Going to really test that problem. I had to buy two for my front street set!! The taller tires just were scraping too much for me and I really like the rears. I also have a fresh front set for the track. So you can’t ding me for not trying. Ask me around the 4th.
So 30's are he best choice for the front and rears.?

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Redeye
8,465 Posts
So 30's are he best choice for the front and rears.?
Depends on your wheel size, and unfortunately what size the chosen model is made in, which opens other problems. I know it is not a big sin to mix Pilot Sport different models with each either front and back. I just like the PS4S over the Cup 2’s is my point. But because of the sizes made and what will specifically work, it is giving me problems with my street size selections up front. That is mainly due to the incorrect 11” wheel offset a supplier gave me and did not realize a 305/35 rubs. What is fun is when they basically ignore your feedback and 1) keep doing it, or 2) not even offer to make it right.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Depends on your wheel size, and unfortunately what size the chosen model is made in, which opens other problems. I know it is not a big sin to mix Pilot Sport different models with each either front and back. I just like the PS4S over the Cup 2’s is my point. But because of the sizes made and what will specifically work, it is giving me problems with my street size selections up front. That is mainly due to the incorrect 11” wheel offset a supplier gave me and did not realize a 305/35 rubs. What is fun is when they basically ignore your feedback and 1) keep doing it, or 2) not even offer to make it right.
Hate to hear that........
Going with Velgen SL-7's 12x20 and 12x11

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Redeye
8,465 Posts
12 x 11 will be interesting. You mean an 11” wide front?

41 - 57 of 57 Posts