SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dropped off for lowering this morning. I will update after pickup and share thoughts and process.
Here is the before.. when done I will post the after.

IMG_20190128_132454702.jpg

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat Widebody
291 Posts
A nice 1” drop goes a long way to give that aggressive stance! What lowering kit did you go with?

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,179 Posts
Keep an eye on your axle boots. My 16 HC with Dss axles tore twice in 4000 miles of street driving. I was only lowered 3/4" in the rear. I'm not lowering my Redeye. It will look badass though.

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Picked up and drove about 20 miles and I love it. I lowered the back only and kept the front stock. Ride is slightly tighter, but just fine. Has a perfect rake to it.
How: we cut 1 full coil off the rear coils and realigned. No other adapters, mounts or buffers. Very happy with the result

Just do it!

·
BMF
4,510 Posts
Looks Great
Removed Joe Dirt

Reactions: 4300

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
4,912 Posts
Keep an eye on your axle boots. My 16 HC with Dss axles tore twice in 4000 miles of street driving. I was only lowered 3/4" in the rear. I'm not lowering my Redeye. It will look badass though.
This worries me. I know several of the road racers here have had this issue, Dgatzby and Trackday, however I'm not a road racer and mine has been lowered with Mopar springs which are the mildest drop you can get but since I lowered it, I've had two passenger side axle boots tear. I've replaced that axle twice now and I'm tired of replacing it with the OEM axles so I ordered a set of DSS axles. I sure I hope I don't rip a boot on those, they are $1600 per pair. I'm supposed to get the DSS axles installed in a few weeks. Did you race your car at all on a road course?

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
4,912 Posts
Looks good. I thought about cutting my factory springs originally when I was going to lower mine, but everyone claimed the Mopar springs barely lower the car which I thought would be perfect, I wasn't looking for much however the Mopar springs dropped mine a lot more than I expected. I can't even imagine people driving around on Eibach's and the other aftermarket spring sets which are lower than the Mopar's.

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,179 Posts
This worries me. I know several of the road racers here have had this issue, Dgatzby and Trackday, however I'm not a road racer and mine has been lowered with Mopar springs which are the mildest drop you can get but since I lowered it, I've had two passenger side axle boots tear. I've replaced that axle twice now and I'm tired of replacing it with the OEM axles so I ordered a set of DSS axles. I sure I hope I don't rip a boot on those, they are $1600 per pair. I'm supposed to get the DSS axles installed in a few weeks. Did you race your car at all on a road course?
No sir. My car never saw a track or drag strip.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
2,401 Posts
Car looks great lowered. Wish I could do that but can't because our roads are torn up. JB's gas tax hike did a lot of good for our roads... :rolleyes:

Lol, please do not tell me you thought those taxes would go towards infrastructure needs? Aren't there small fish to protect and non-citizens to feed? What about that bullet train! Cali politicians do not want to make your life better.,

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Redeye
613 Posts
Looks good. I thought about cutting my factory springs originally when I was going to lower mine, but everyone claimed the Mopar springs barely lower the car which I thought would be perfect, I wasn't looking for much however the Mopar springs dropped mine a lot more than I expected. I can't even imagine people driving around on Eibach's and the other aftermarket spring sets which are lower than the Mopar's.
Did you measure before and after? And by after did you take another measurement after you put some miles on it letting it settle in? What was the drop?

1 - 20 of 76 Posts