SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Redeye
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About two weeks ago I noticed the car was taking almost a second to go into gear after dropping the shifter into drive. Within a few days the hesitation began taking a few seconds before engaging drive Then it started to feel a like a jolt when it engaged drive. I have not done anything to the car recently. It’s my daily driver. I took it to the dealer. The found two codes P1FB6-vehicle speed signal performance and P215C-output shaft speed - wheel speed correlation. The dealer tells me they believe the valve body needs to be replaced (which I think includes the TCM). They are waiting for approval to order the part(s). Has anyone had this issue and if so, how was it resolved. Thanks.

·
Registered
In The Market
770 Posts
The A8 has a complicated procedure for trans fluid change. Brief hesitation before dropping into gear is a normal German thing. Not several seconds. Just long enough to throttle it before it’s securely in.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Redeye
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I’ve had it for over a year. Normally you can’t even feel drive engage. It’s only in the last two weeks that it started to hesitate before going into gear. I can’t find much info on those two codes.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
594 Posts
If it’s cold outside 40ish with a cold start and putting the shifter right into gear there will be a delay, if it’s doing it hot that’s a cause for concern

1 - 5 of 5 Posts