SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Possibly stupid question so be gentle. The cold air intake tube on my 2019 widebody has a beige coating on the inside and outside of the cold air intake. I initially thought it was dust, since I haven’t seen this on other Hellcats. But It looks purposeful as the throttle body is clean and it is pretty evenly coated on the tube. Any idea what this is? B20A7F3D-31E3-41B6-A72B-24768EA5C64B.jpeg

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
273 Posts
I will make a guess that it is off gassing from the materials used in manufacturing.
Much like your dashboard off gasses and always puts that film on the inside of the windshield --

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat
895 Posts
My 2020 did not have this coating, but I also removed it the day after I bought the car and put my JLT on. It's been in a box for 10 months, and it's still all black. No idea what this is.

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Widebody Indigo Blue with Graphics Package
1,312 Posts
It's the crappy rubber is all. It's just changed color is all. My 2020 is the same way with only 200 miles on it.

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Redeye
771 Posts
My rubber looked so crappy that I went to a Legmaker with the carbon fiber tube. Cleans up the engine bay nicely and the whine is incredible!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts