SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Is there a safety feature that doesn't let you activate your line lock if the brake fluid is too hot? I was at the local drag strip last night for some test n tune and at the end of the night my line lock kept canceling. I had made more than 7 passes throughout the night without a single problem, but on my last 2 runs the line lock kept canceling. The line lock worked fine on the pass right before these last 2, but since there was no one left at the track I was able to finish my run and come right back around to the burn out box without waiting or letting the car cool down. I did everything the way you are supposed to. Activate line lock, press the brake, hit ok, release the brake, and hit the gas https://100001.onl/ https://1921681254.mx/. Every time I would hit the gas it would cancel line lock. I went through the steps two more times and it still did the same thing so I ended up having to power brake for the burn out. For the last run it was the same where I was able to come right back around and jump into the burn out box and the same thing happened with the line lock. This time I pulled the car forward a little after the line lock canceled on me twice, but it still kept canceling. I went to the track about a month ago and made around 7 passes, so I have done multiple passes using the line lock without a single problem until these last two hot laps. Has this happened to anyone else?

Thank you.

·
Registered
2020 SRT SUPER STOCK HELLRAISIN
3,640 Posts
Is there a safety feature that doesn't let you activate your line lock if the brake fluid is too hot? I was at the local drag strip last night for some test n tune and at the end of the night my line lock kept canceling. I had made more than 7 passes throughout the night without a single problem, but on my last 2 runs the line lock kept canceling. The line lock worked fine on the pass right before these last 2, but since there was no one left at the track I was able to finish my run and come right back around to the burn out box without waiting or letting the car cool down. I did everything the way you are supposed to. Activate line lock, press the brake, hit ok, release the brake, and hit the gas. Every time I would hit the gas it would cancel line lock. I went through the steps two more times and it still did the same thing so I ended up having to power brake for the burn out. For the last run it was the same where I was able to come right back around and jump into the burn out box and the same thing happened with the line lock. This time I pulled the car forward a little after the line lock canceled on me twice, but it still kept canceling. I went to the track about a month ago and made around 7 passes, so I have done multiple passes using the line lock without a single problem until these last two hot laps. Has this happened to anyone else?

Thank you.
It sounds like you are not waiting for the brake pedal to fully relax. You CANNOT go straight to the gas pedal right after releasing the brake pedal. I gave classes on this. Here are my notes........

Line Lock:

Drag Options / Line Lock Screen

Break in miles

Speed Zero

Doors closed

No LC, Cruise Control, TB or Valet mode

Coolant < 250

RPM > 500 = Car running

Can be in Drive or Manual Transmission

Press brake pedal Panic Stop Hard.

Hit OK

Release brake Pedal

Wait a few seconds for the brake pedal to hit the up stop

Left foot on dead pedal and right foot on Gas and wait.

Length of pressing the OK button not critical.

Hit the gas when instructed to do so.

When it cancels it sounds like the Trans Brake limping. Flutter etc.

Things that will cancel you are.

Close the throttle

Let the OK button go

Touch the Brake pedal.

Touch any other button with your Thumb.

Max number of tire Revolutions.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Redeye
88 Posts
I have found out that if the car moves ever so slightly, it will cancel. In my situation it was the carbon ceramic brake pads I installed. The hotter they got the more pressure I had to have for it to stay engaged.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts