SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Redeye
512 Posts
yes its worth it, when i got my car i did not want to leave anything on the table,the demon was not a option, but this is as close as you will ever get.the power train in a red eye is the same as a demon..

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Actually comparing the charger hellcat against the charger redeye.

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye NB
519 Posts
Given the extra goodies that either Redeye comes with, on top of the extra 80 or so HP, it's worth it.

Consider this, you're gonna spend 3-5k just to really get another 100-120hp if you want to modify a Hellcat.... so why not just get it bone stock?

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Redeye
38 Posts
The entire character of the redeye is different in terms of it feeling more alive, more intense. I went from an m6 hellcat to the redeye (yes it's a challenger, not a charger) but the differences in character are the same.
Get it and thank God you did.

·
Premium Member
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
9,859 Posts
Do yourself a favor and dont cheap out now. Youre on the edge of spending a fairly good chunk of change already. So here’s your future if you do cheap out now - you will 100% be constantly justifying not buying the RE for years to come whenever being asked if it’s a RE, which will become annoying very quickly, which will lead to wishing you had actually ponied up the extra dough, which will lead to you shopping around for a used RE because they now no longer make this platform, which will lead to large hospital bills from the injuries that resulted from all of the times you kicked yourself for cheaping out back in 2021.

·
Registered
2021 Charger Redeye
167 Posts
Get the Redeye it’s worth it I had a 19 charger hellcat and let me tell you I didn’t think it was gonna be that much of a difference and it surpassed my expectations big time !!!!!!! Go to track next week to see what she can do with DR

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,393 Posts
hmmm i would say no.

i do agree the redeye is better at everything than my non redeye was but $8k better? the 6M was trash in my other car so i think the A8 makes for most of the difference.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat Widebody
959 Posts
Suppose it depends what type of person you are:

1. Leave it stock and putter around;
2. Stock and thrash it;
3. Mod the crap out it and putter around; or
4. Mod the crap out of it and thrash it.

One is a toss up. Two goes handily to the RE. Three is a toss up again as you are just spending money to impress other people. Four encourages you to build the best car you can = RE.

I was a type 2 with respect to my car.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
245 Posts
Sold my Factory ordered 18 Charger with only 16,000 miles on it for a 2021 Charger Redeye. Just ask your self the question - if money wasn't an object would you take the Redeye? Answer? Yes. You would. All arguments against the Redeye are simply money arguments not an argument against the car. Its a better car. Do it.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Is the redeye worth the extra 8k? I’m torn and ready to order. Any input is appreciated.
The question must be rhetoric, because the answer is obvious! Someday down the road, possibly after you've had the best fun you can have on 4 wheels in the front seat, you may or may not want to sell it. You will get a nice chunk of that $8000 back anyway. You don't have much to lose IMO. You also get bragging rights so to speak over standard Hellcats. You will never regret plopping down the extra dough.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts