SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
The guy that owned the SS also previously owned a Redeye widebody and the street traction of the SS is way better. So the suspension of the SS makes a huge difference since tires and power are essentially the same.

·
Registered
136 Posts
That’s the first Super Stock and standard Redeye comparison I’ve seen. Awesome review and 1000% confirms I made the right choice with the SS.

I realize the suspension components are identical, but the shock programming must be different? It can’t just be the tires that make that big of a difference.

·
Premium Member
2021 Redeye Super Stock
537 Posts
That’s the first Super Stock and standard Redeye comparison I’ve seen. Awesome review and 1000% confirms I made the right choice with the SS.

I realize the suspension components are identical, but the shock programming must be different? It can’t just be the tires that make that big of a difference.
Man I don’t know how all the suspension tuning is different but my SS will smoke my redeye! It hooks and goes instead of just roasting the tires. I saw this vid the other day, and took my SS out and blasted around again (now that I’m through the break in miles) Haven’t had it long, but its more fun everytime I drive it. I would trade the redeye all day for the SS...The absolute baddest muscle car ever!

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye NB
521 Posts
The guy that owned the SS also previously owned a Redeye widebody and the street traction of the SS is way better. So the suspension of the SS makes a huge difference since tires and power are essentially the same.
Tires are not the same...the SS comes with 315 drag radials while the Redeye comes with standard tires (275 or 305 depending on bodystyle). Tires make a HUGE difference...

·
Registered
521 Posts
Man I don’t know how all the suspension tuning is different but my SS will smoke my redeye! It hooks and goes instead of just roasting the tires. I saw this vid the other day, and took my SS out and blasted around again (now that I’m through the break in miles) Haven’t had it long, but its more fun everytime I drive it. I would trade the redeye all day for the SS...The absolute baddest muscle car ever!
Make the tires the same, and you'll find that the Redeye will do pretty much the same thing....

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Owned both a pretty much is not the same... but close.. Put 20's on the super stock and they do pretty much the same but not exact the other way as well

·
Registered
Ordered 2021 Super Stock 6/14
48 Posts
Good video. I was not aware of the changes to the performance pages on the screen from 2019 to 2021.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Owned both a pretty much is not the same... but close.. Put 20's on the super stock and they do pretty much the same but not exact the other way as well
Put a 275 normal tire on either car and none of them are going anywhere but burnt rubber.....

Put a legit DR on either car, and they'll perform about the same.... yes, the Super Stock is geared exclusively for drag racing and will be better overall... but only just... it's not leap years better...

·
Registered
139 Posts
That's the same color combo I ordered today. Very cool video. I had a 19 redeye, sold it because I wanted something different. Missed hellcat so much had to order another.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
1,494 Posts
SS has drag radials. Huge difference vs the stock Redeye tires.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Put a 275 normal tire on either car and none of them are going anywhere but burnt rubber.....

Put a legit DR on either car, and they'll perform about the same.... yes, the Super Stock is geared exclusively for drag racing and will be better overall... but only just... it's not leap years better...
100% agree..... its the other way I perceive others think the big difference is.

Slight differences if you like to take corners in favor of the redeye.

·
Premium Member
2021 Redeye Super Stock
537 Posts
I didn’t mean my statements about the SS to be a debate. The redeye was the best I have owned until the SS. I have also had the same tire on the back of my redeye before. Except the 20” rim shorter sidewall that is. I am not putting down the redeye in any way. Love em’. But it isn’t just a tire difference...trust me. I have never been on a track in my life. Just street rodding. You can go full throttle after tip in on the SS everytime, and it hooks and goes. With any tire on my redeye (MT, NT555R, NT05, etc.) the redeye just smoked them if you went full throttle on the street in 1st, 2nd and sometimes 3rd gear. That is with the 2.62 rear end too. The SS even with the 3.09, doesn’t prefer to spin, but digs hard. No its not light years apart, but totally a different launch experience. Drive an SS and the difference is immediately apparent.

·
Registered
521 Posts
I didn’t mean my statements about the SS to be a debate. The redeye was the best I have owned until the SS. I have also had the same tire on the back of my redeye before. Except the 20” rim shorter sidewall that is. I am not putting down the redeye in any way. Love em’. But it isn’t just a tire difference...trust me. I have never been on a track in my life. Just street rodding. You can go full throttle after tip in on the SS everytime, and it hooks and goes. With any tire on my redeye (MT, NT555R, NT05, etc.) the redeye just smoked them if you went full throttle on the street in 1st, 2nd and sometimes 3rd gear. That is with the 2.62 rear end too. The SS even with the 3.09, doesn’t prefer to spin, but digs hard. No its not light years apart, but totally a different launch experience. Drive an SS and the difference is immediately apparent.
An 18" drag radial vs. a 20" drag radial is a significant difference.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts