SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
21 - 40 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye NB
521 Posts
Will SS wheels, tires bolt on to a redeye or do you need to make mods?
No, they will not. The Redeye has a 6 piston caliper while the SS has a 4 piston (it's smaller/lighter). That's how they fit an 18" wheel on the car.

·
Premium Member
2021 Redeye Super Stock
537 Posts
An 18" drag radial vs. a 20" drag radial is a significant difference.
[/QUOTE
Well guess what... If you buy the baddest car made and defend it forever it doesn’t matter. Next year there will be a better one, that makes the one’s that we own now less than. I welcome it...

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat Widebody
959 Posts
I love this debate. At the end of the day, having owned both - nobody loses. Both the Redeye and Super Stock are badass!! I support all my Hellcat, Redeye and Super Stock brethren, and to each his/her own.
Except those losers with M6s. ;)

·
Registered
29 Posts
No, they will not. The Redeye has a 6 piston caliper while the SS has a 4 piston (it's smaller/lighter). That's how they fit an 18" wheel on the car.
Will just the rear SS wheels fit since the RE rotor and caliper is a lot smaller (not sure if it is the same size as the SS) ?

·
Registered
139 Posts
It's Mind bending to think we can go buy a 10 flat car or even high 9's off the showroom floor with a warranty. These times are legendary. Christ my trx is faster 0-100 than most cars on the road lol. I'm very excited to get my super stock. I'm selling my 2020 gt500 carbon track pack so I can another hemi thundering monster! The gt500 is incredible and very fast but not my driving style. I miss the hellcat like no other car I've ever owned.

·
Registered
29 Posts
What i find amazing is that i have been riding Japanese Motorcycles for 40 years and the Hellcat feels just as fast .... and i can take my kids with the AC on:)

My best 1/4 mile on a Suzuki Hayabusa was 10.34 @ 142 mph (upgraded cams, exhaust, fueling)

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
I didn’t mean my statements about the SS to be a debate. The redeye was the best I have owned until the SS. I have also had the same tire on the back of my redeye before. Except the 20” rim shorter sidewall that is. I am not putting down the redeye in any way. Love em’. But it isn’t just a tire difference...trust me. I have never been on a track in my life. Just street rodding. You can go full throttle after tip in on the SS everytime, and it hooks and goes. With any tire on my redeye (MT, NT555R, NT05, etc.) the redeye just smoked them if you went full throttle on the street in 1st, 2nd and sometimes 3rd gear. That is with the 2.62 rear end too. The SS even with the 3.09, doesn’t prefer to spin, but digs hard. No its not light years apart, but totally a different launch experience. Drive an SS and the difference is immediately apparent.
Even on the street my MT's with the Red eye would still wiggle on the street ( 18 inch rim ). The person who drove my car has gone 10' flats in a redeye more than one time. He was truly surprised at how it grabbed the road. The Super stock to me feels almost slower than the redeye because you can not make it do crazy burn outs and it just goes instead of spinning even across the 2/3 shift.

That does not make the Super Stock better for every one as if you want to drive back roads aggressive, daily it on stock tires. Go Auto cross or road course it. The Red eye wins.
If that was my thing I would have kept it.. Hell I would have kept it other than I got a good deal on trade in and sale.

Maybe I am sensitive with its the "same unless I want to judge it specifically " I feel like Fox news at a democratic convention or CNN at the republican one . :) "
you really have to drive both to get it.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Notice same guy who reviewed the super stock :D

His car is on point !!

Best I have seen on just a tire.

·
Registered
12 Posts
An 18" drag radial vs. a 20" drag radial is a significant difference.
That’s my question is the rim and tire size a difference enuff for what he is saying ?? I am running stock pirelli tires and no crazy shit yet on the 2020 HCREWB THATS only 6 months or so old but they are very loose when getting on the throttle WITH ANY AUTHORITY IN MY OPINION STILL LOVE IT AND WILL GET NEW SHOES WHEN THESE ARE DONE

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye NB
521 Posts
That’s my question is the rim and tire size a difference enuff for what he is saying ?? I am running stock pirelli tires and no crazy shit yet on the 2020 HCREWB THATS only 6 months or so old but they are very loose when getting on the throttle WITH ANY AUTHORITY IN MY OPINION STILL LOVE IT AND WILL GET NEW SHOES WHEN THESE ARE DONE
Even a basic 20" drag radial tire is a huge step over the stock Pirelli for pure performance. The 18" wheel just allows for more flex/better overall launch. Mind you, not a lot of 18" wheels that fit the rear on the Challengers (from what I remember in the past, could be wrong now)

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Yes a DR helps. It will not corner as well and be dangerous in the rain. IMO and might be backed up by track times.. MT's for strip Nittos for street 18 is better than a 20.

21 - 40 of 60 Posts