SRT Hellcat Forum banner
41 - 60 of 70 Posts
I’m not a scientist or anything, well almost, but I think the comparison should be a 2021 redeye compared to a super sport. I’m just starting to get on mine, 150 miles so far. I have the free :) street tires on mine with 3.09 gears, and I’m surprised how stable this car is. Wonder if the 2021 software has anything to do with it. But I haven’t been stomping on the gas yet either. If the super stock came with the 6 piston brakes, I would have went that way. I love the look of the 18s with all that rubber. To Dodge and the 6.2 high output Hemi with 2.7L blower. I take my hat off. We’re all brothers here…

And you know brothers; Redeye, Super Stock, Demon, these are all AWESOME muscle cars with neither on the bottom of the list. Rock on Mopar 👍 What a time to be alive when you can go buy such a beast that our Dad’s could only dream of building. Even then for pretty much track use only, and be unreliable on the road. We have these modern day chariots as reliable daily drivers with air conditioning and a warranty. God bless America!

They are such different cars, it's getting tiring hearing people compare them..... Redeye is not speed limited, and handles much better for the street. I have driven both. Still in a Redeye, I do not like restrictions ever.... SS is the Demon with out all the cool parts.... The end.....

The guy that owned the SS also previously owned a Redeye widebody and the street traction of the SS is way better. So the suspension of the SS makes a huge difference since tires and power are essentially the same.
Here is a thread on the spring rate comparison that may help you understand how the suspension on the SS may be a bit better.

Reactions: Gotgap
Here is a thread on the spring rate comparison that may help you understand how the suspension on the SS may be a bit better.

The suspension has already been confirmed 100% to be IDENTICAL. The only difference is in the suspension tuning. The difference between the Redeye and SS is in the diff and a few other odds/ends.

. . . and some (factory)engine tuning, I think SuperStock shift RPM is higher.
My 2021 SuperStock has been 10.41@132 w/1.49 60ft bone stock in the heat.
I have 17lbs in rear tires, and 45 in the front. Had back seats & passenger seat out. Can't remember the weight, but I am a chunker at 265lbs.

. . . and some (factory)engine tuning, I think SuperStock shift RPM is higher.
My 2021 SuperStock has been 10.41@132 w/1.49 60ft bone stock in the heat.
I have 17lbs in rear tires, and 45 in the front. Had back seats & passenger seat out. Can't remember the weight, but I am a chunker at 265lbs.
P.S. I leave after good burnout, shallow staging, and flat slamming gas pedal to the floor.
I have the paddle shift in 1, so car shifts as high as factory allows.
...but it is in Drive....so it shifts all by itself. Still feels like it could shift about +500 rpms higher. I am really hoping for 10 teens in fall weather with my matching DEMON fronts (painted matching dark grey).

I have noticed a dramatic difference in putting the power down with my 2021 SS. The Redeye was basically terrifying on the Road, even with 17" Street ET R's. The SS inspires confidence even hitting it in turns. Don't know what they changed, but it works great. Just messing around, the computer showed me a 1.88 60' on the street with no burnout.... not sure if it's completely accurate, but based on my track experience with the Redeye, it felt pretty correct.

Man I don’t know how all the suspension tuning is different but my SS will smoke my redeye! It hooks and goes instead of just roasting the tires. I saw this vid the other day, and took my SS out and blasted around again (now that I’m through the break in miles) Haven’t had it long, but its more fun everytime I drive it. I would trade the redeye all day for the SS...The absolute baddest muscle car ever!
I agree my ss vs my 2015 hellcat. Big difference in hooking up. I had the same tires same size on both cars. Superstock can launch harder without spinning. FYI mickey Street strips hooked up better than the nittos on my 2015. I cant wait to wear out my Superstock nittos

Man I don’t know how all the suspension tuning is different but my SS will smoke my redeye! It hooks and goes instead of just roasting the tires. I saw this vid the other day, and took my SS out and blasted around again (now that I’m through the break in miles) Haven’t had it long, but its more fun everytime I drive it. I would trade the redeye all day for the SS...The absolute baddest muscle car ever!
Absolutely second your post…hook“n”book it’s all in the suspension tuning, the car shines in 2nd!…on a different note the brake pads on all 4 corners of this car barely dust, I’m amazed, it’s so nice not to put up with soot..the exhaust note and burble in manual track is the cat’s meow

Absolutely second your post…hook“n”book it’s all in the suspension tuning, the car shines in 2nd!…on a different note the brake pads on all 4 corners of this car barely dust, I’m amazed, it’s so nice not to put up with soot..the exhaust note and burble in manual track is the cat’s meow
And the wheels are so much easier to clean.

Discussion starter · #60 ·
Great video...you're braver than I am letting someone else drive your brand new car!
A: I knew he could drive
B: we both have insurance.
C: I was a nervous wreck......

41 - 60 of 70 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.