SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed a few people of this forum either have both or used to have a c8 and was interested in their views.... pro's vs con's.

I know they are in different categories, but they both great cars and are fun to drive.

·
HOTM Winner
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
12,317 Posts
One is clunky looking and the other one has 800hp.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
604 Posts
Do you need a back seat? If so, don’t worry about how they compare haha

Otherwise, if you want handling for windy roads and lightning fast 0-60 times on the street, corvette wins

If you want a muscle car that makes the right noises and can take on things out of its league from a roll, or drag racing on proper tires, Redeye all the way.

Been in a few C8s. They ride amazingly well, and the interior really grew on me once I was in it.

·
Registered
22 GR Supra 3.0 Premium, 17 C7 Z06/Z07 (RIP), 19 392 Charger (SOLD)
152 Posts
I have driven both a C8 and redeye. Personally I think the redeye is more fun but the C8 is far more refined and exotic feeling. I ended up not getting either and opted for a C7 Z06 from my old 392 as it was my preference of the trio to each their own. The C8 is an amazing car but it lost that American heart it feels more European which is a negative to me personally. I would have gotten the redeye over the C8 but the C7 Z06 just pulled my interest more and checked all the boxes for me personally.

·
Premium Member
10.22 @ 133 in Roomy Comfort (Stock, no tune of any kind,, just tires)
640 Posts
To slow, to small, to expensive and don't have the grey hair and bald spot that seems to be required to own one 😁.

The C8 didn't compare to my Hellcat let alone my Red-eye.

·
Registered
A Van Down by the River
7,657 Posts
Apples and oranges. One is a muscle car, the other is a sports car. What kind of comparison are you looking for? I've owned a Hellcat and C8.

·
Registered
925 Posts
The C8 has broadened the vette appeal to a whole new buyer pool of folks who want America to compete in the midengined space...the Z06 version will be epic for all of us NA fans...The only other choices you had for American made midengine is the Ford GT and NSX and that is done this year..

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat Widebody
2,336 Posts
For "GT" work - long drives, comfort, with plenty of performance - I'd take the Hellcats...wait, I did! :p

For 10/10ths track work (not drag strip) I'd be tempted by the Corvette, but I suspect I'd break it a lot. I don't have good feels about that transmission. It usually takes Tremec 3-5 years to get a new design to where I'd want to rely on it for racing, and usually by then there's aftermarket improvements available. By comparison the HC platform is thoroughly debugged at this point.

·
Registered
A Van Down by the River
7,657 Posts
What do you like / dislike about each car?
Hellcat, roomy inside, lots of truck space, comfortable for long trips, supercharger whine, easier to get in and out, far less attention than a C8, less noticeable.

C8, handles MUCH better, feels like a proper sports car, acceleration is more than adequate for most people although not quite as quick as the Hellcat Redeye in the 1/4. Better gas mileage.

Everything else is subjective, looks, ride quality, etc.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hellcat, roomy inside, lots of truck space, comfortable for long trips, supercharger whine, easier to get in and out, far less attention than a C8, less noticeable.

C8, handles MUCH better, feels like a proper sports car, acceleration is more than adequate for most people although not quite as quick as the Hellcat Redeye in the 1/4. Better gas mileage.

Everything else is subjective, looks, ride quality, etc.
I find the C8 to be far more unstable at high speed than the redeye and it takes FOREVER to get there!

1 - 20 of 76 Posts