SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks to Red_Cat and our runs this week at the ECTA 1 mile race in Arkansas, I am now regretting my 3.09 gears. He is running a stock 17’ Hellcat with driver seat and a few other items removed for weight. I am running a stock 19 redeye at full weight. He beat me and my son at the full mile by about 2 mph every run. We had better 1/2 mile speeds. We shift into 7th fear at about 160 and slow down. He carries thru in 6th. I think I will change to 2.62 and see if that helps. Either way it was a great weekend of racing with great people. My personal best was 181.45. I would suggest anyone who wants to run the mile go to ECTA. Got as many runs as we wanted. It’s painfull to say we were slower but we were.

Attachments

·
Registered
753 Posts
Thanks to Red_Cat and our runs this week at the ECTA 1 mile race in Arkansas, I am now regretting my 3.09 gears. He is running a stock 17’ Hellcat with driver seat and a few other items removed for weight. I am running a stock 19 redeye at full weight. He beat me and my son at the full mile by about 2 mph every run. We had better 1/2 mile speeds. We shift into 7th fear at about 160 and slow down. He carries thru in 6th. I think I will change to 2.62 and see if that helps. Either way it was a great weekend of racing with great people. My personal best was 181.45. I would suggest anyone who wants to run the mile go to ECTA. Got as many runs as we wanted. It’s painfull to say we were slower but we were.
Sounds like a blast! How much does it cost and any special equipment required?

·
Registered
165 Posts
Hi Southernminncat, glad you got home OK - no bad weather?

I took out the subs from the trunk so I could install (and remove) the donut spare for the drive from Detroit, took out the back seat (left in the hotel), and ran with 1/4 - 1/3rd tank of gas. Overall about 100-150lbs less than running last time, when I was starting each day with a full tank of gas.

The "narrow body" is also more aerodynamic and has skinnier tires than the widebody, which makes a 4mph difference in the 2019 Hellcat top speeds, so probably also has an impact in the mile. I think you would be faster again at the 1.5 mile or 2 mile distance.

By the way, you may have an award coming to you from your Sunday morning runs :)

Two runs yesterday morning over 182, at 182.19 and 182.56 - probably as fast as the car will go stock.
DSC_6908.JPG
DSC_6903.JPG

·
Registered
165 Posts
@ doublewide, $485 for the 3 day event or a sampler mile "1-pass" at $225, which can be used towards the 3 day fee if you want to do more runs. There is also a $55 annual membership fee to the ECTA organising body,

Equipment-wise the cars can be stock if running below 185mph, but you need "no uncovered skin" - a full-face helmet, fire-resistant race suit, gloves and boots. My whole outfit was about $400 including helmet, from Racequip / RJS.

This weekend I made about 25 passes in total, but also loaned out my car to a couple of other drivers so could have done more. I also left mid-morning Sunday.

·
HOTM Winner
7,982 Posts
Enjoyed the read and pictures. Thanks

·
Registered
753 Posts
Was a pretty packed event? I love only about an hour and a half away from blytheville so I'm definitely going to have to hit one of these up

·
Premium Member
12,291 Posts

Thank you for posting this!

Did you use your chiller and how did it hold up for the length of the Mile?

·
Registered
165 Posts
DSC_6862.JPG
DSC_6832.JPG
DSC_6841.JPG
Was a pretty packed event? I love only about an hour and a half away from Blytheville so I'm definitely going to have to hit one of these up
There were about 60 cars and bikes in total, but the purpose-built vehicles generally only make a handful of runs per event. If there wasn't a hold on the track I don't think I waited more than 10-15 minutes to run, and in some cases there was no line at all when I got to the start line. Also, a lot of people leave on Sunday AM to travel home, so Sunday late morning and afternoon are quiet.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Why would you get 3.09 if your running the mile? Most people have stated it’s a winner with the right foot control in the Quarter. But for half mile and up I’ve heard numbers of times .262 and with this phrase consistently “and it’s LONGER LEGS”. I remember reading another post about how 6th gear is a crap gear to be accelerating in. Well 7th is a really crap gear to be accelerating in especially trying to edge someone out in the mile.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Why would you get 3.09 if your running the mile? Most people have stated it’s a winner with the right foot control in the Quarter. But for half mile and up I’ve heard numbers of times .262 and with this phrase consistently “and it’s LONGER LEGS”. I remember reading another post about how 6th gear is a crap gear to be accelerating in. Well 7th is a really crap gear to be accelerating in especially trying to edge someone out in the mile.
I had planned to do more 1/4 mile events but this was a lot more fun.

·
Premium Member
12,291 Posts
TrackDay

For reference at a later time...

·
Premium Member
7,802 Posts
Wait, I am not ready to say the gears in a Redeye cause it to die at 160 mph and lose to a car with 100 hp less in a mile run. Calculations say even if that car dropped to 7th, it was at it max torque in the curve.

You folks who are the long runners, give some help here. So is the low 180's mph a reasonable time for a stock Hellcat in a mile?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Wait, I am not ready to say the gears in a Redeye cause it to die at 160 mph and lose to a car with 100 hp less in a mile run. Calculations say even if that car dropped to 7th, it was at it max torque in the curve.

You folks who are the long runners, give some help here. So is the low 180's mph a reasonable time for a stock Hellcat in a mile?
I would like to hear also. I am not a great racer but the mile is pretty forgiving. Anyone else have numbers?

·
Registered
165 Posts
Paul, my first 6 runs on Sunday were:

1) 154.64 / 181.45 for 1/2 and mile
2) 154.64 / 181.82
3) 155.17 / 181.45
4) 155.71 / 182.56
5) 154.64 / 181.09
6) 155.44 / 182.19

What were your split times? I remember they were a little above mine.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Paul, my first 6 runs on Sunday were:

1) 154.64 / 181.45 for 1/2 and mile
2) 154.64 / 181.82
3) 155.17 / 181.45
4) 155.71 / 182.86
5) 154.64 / 181.09
6) 155.44 / 182.19

What were your split times? I remember they were a little above mine.
157 something was my best. I will have to look at the rest.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts