SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Redeye is an $11k sticker price premium over the traditional HC.

All else being equal (color, mileage, options, condition, location, etc.) how much of that premium would be retained on resale, say in 3 years?

I test drove a car on Friday. Had a long conversation with the sales manager and in his opinion, it would only bring about a 25% (of the $11k) premium down the line. So, using his math/prediction, $2,750. That seems low to me. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
202 Posts
Agree, seems low.

It's a $7.2k premium if you're snagging an A8 with the big rebate, and is there anything more American than getting a larger discount for more ponies? ;) . Also, you're getting the power train that was designed for an 840hp car, so there's a nod to reliability. If you're planning on any mods, it's a slam dunk.

One other thing, although you may lose more coin on resale, somebody will always want the top dog of a given model year. If you have sell it, you'll have more interest. It will be easier to move.

·
Registered
288 Posts

All else being equal (color, mileage, options, condition, location, etc.) how much of that premium would be retained on resale, say in 3 years?

I test drove a car on Friday. Had a long conversation with the sales manager and in his opinion, it would only bring about a 25% (of the $11k) premium down the line. So, using his math/prediction, $2,750. That seems low to me. Any thoughts?
First off I don't know how your dealer is saying it will bring a 25% premium down the line there is no data to substantiate that, he's basically throwing sh*t on the wall and seeing what sticks.

Best way to go about your curiosity is taking a look at residuals for the hc redeye versus regular hellcat, another would be to take a look at used values of similarly equipped vehicles, problem is I don't think there's enough quantitative data on values and used cars for sale where you can make a proper guess as to what the difference will be in 2 years, 3 years, etc. etc. So at this point it's truly a guessing game.

If you are going to mod it then go hellcat but if you want to stay stock I would say stick with the redeye.

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
I just picked up Redeye today with huge savings which is awesome and to answer your question.....hmm. I personally feel the low production numbers of the RE will help keep its value over the Hellcat non RE. A few years from now your used non RE Hellcat will be mixed in with other various model years to compete with. I mean for the most part the 2015 Hellcat has the bare bones power and fun of a 2019 HC. The RE used a few years from now will be a small percentage in the market which that in itself should keep her a better resale value. My .02 for the day and here’s mine.
C7DDBC2E-E6DB-4A15-ABC4-F187D5AEFDB4.jpeg

·
Registered
2,716 Posts

That’s about right imo.

R.K.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I’d sell my first born for a Rey Eye but it will be yesterday’s news tomorrow ( maybe next year ) .
The Golden rule with cars , the more you spend the more you loose .
AWD 426 V Red Eye :confused::D

·
Registered
4 Posts

but you get the demon engine with all the upgrades

·
Registered
4,919 Posts

100%

Take away the $3,000 for the automatic transmission and now you're only $8,000 more than a similarly equipped Hellcat.

Is anybody seriously doubting that a Redeye won't be worth 8 grand more than a Hellcat down the road?

Of course it will.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
100%

Take away the $3,000 for the automatic transmission and now you're only $8,000 more than a similarly equipped Hellcat.

Is anybody seriously doubting that a Redeye won't be worth 8 grand more than a Hellcat down the road?

Of course it will.

REDEYE UP GRADES -- DEMON MOTOR 6500 REDLINE -W/ LARGER 2.7 SUPERCHARGER BIGGER PULLEYS - POWER CHILLER AND AFTER RUN CHILLER -ALL HIGH STRENGTH STEEL PROP SHAFT SPLINE SHAFT 20 % STRONGER - 2 DUAL STAGE FUEL PUMPS- BIGGER AIR INTAKE -LINE LOCK -LAUNCH CONTROL- ELECTRIC POWER STEERING DUAL SNORKEL HOOD ? ALL DEMOND UPGRADES SAME MOTOR
AND MOTOR RUNS BETTER REVS BETTER AND DOESN'T SPUTTER ON THE 2 -3 SHIFT

·
Registered
7,012 Posts
100%

Of course it will.

I strongly disagree. You’re paying $3k more for the A8 on both cars, not just the RE. Remember op said simarly optioned cars so that’s a wash. And imo no one is paying 8-11k more $ for the used RE in three years. I think you may be underestimating the Hellcat name and brand reputation to those who dont own them. Even though the Demon engine is a huge sell factor, so is the Hellcat name. It’s had some simmering time now and has been cemented as a serious contender. Maybe to right buyer the used RE is worth more obviously (like you and I), but most people dont know the difference and tbh they just want a “Hellcat”. I think the difference in three years will be closer to 4-5k max on average.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I strongly disagree. You’re paying $3k more for the A8 on both cars, not just the RE. Remember op said simarly optioned cars so that’s a wash. And imo no one is paying 8-11k more $ for the used RE in three years. I think you may be underestimating the Hellcat name and brand reputation to those who dont own them. Even though the Demon engine is a huge sell factor, so is the Hellcat name. It’s had some simmering time now and has been cemented as a serious contender. Maybe to right buyer the used RE is worth more obviously (like you and I), but most people dont know the difference and tbh they just want a “Hellcat”. I think the difference in three years will be closer to 4-5k max on average.
Hellcat a great/strong car I own a 16 hellcat, love it ,cant let it go still got it - hope your right . ( very fast strong car old school car, thinner wheels etc ) - but the demon hype and the demon engine in the redeye wide body will be a factor will all depend on the condition as well --

·
Registered
4,919 Posts
You don't pay the $3,000 extra for the A8 with the Redeye, its included in the $11,000 Redeye package, that's what I'm saying. You do pay the $3,000 on a 717hp Hellcat if you want the automatic, so for anyone who would get the automatic anyway, Redeye is only $8,000 more and that seems like the deal of the century considering all you get.

So $4,000 to $5,000 more in 3 years, you could be right but I guess I'll take the high side and stay with the $8,000. We gotta be closer than the dealer who said $2,750, it's gotta bring more of a premium than that.

Here's a POC and window sticker for Redeye showing the A8 included at no extra charge, it's already included in the $11,000 Redeye price, so net Redeye is only $8,000.

·
Registered
7,012 Posts
Ya forgot the RE only comes A8. I still think 4-5k is where it falls. Agree about our numbers being closer than op’s dealer either way. Demon engine should keep values a bit strong.

·
Registered
7,012 Posts
Hellcat a great/strong car I own a 16 hellcat, love it ,cant let it go still got it - hope your right . ( very fast strong car old school car, thinner wheels etc ) - but the demon hype and the demon engine in the redeye wide body will be a factor will all depend on the condition as well --
Agree about Demon hype. Problem is no RE hype. Most people are clueless about RE’s.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts