SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my REWB should be coming in in the next few weeks which has the standard cheap Pirelli tires. I knew I was changing them so didn't bother wasting more on them. That being said whats the best gripping tire for the street? Been looking at Nitto NT555R2's, some Michelins and of course the MT SS's I know none will hold the power but what does better? I dont really do any wet driving unless I get caught and dont care how long they last if the work well.

·
Registered
2015 Challenger SRT Hellcat M6
311 Posts
I just mounted a set of Michelin Pilot Sport 4 S yesterday and I love that my rear wheels are no longer jail-breaking on me coming out of a dead stop, but then again my rear stocker Pirelli's were chewing on the tread bars so it was definitely time to change. Also looked at the Nitto 555 G2 (had them on my old R/T) and Conti Sport Extreme Contact. Really those three were the only tires I considered, but my cat is not a WB so I don't know how the 305/315's will perform.

·
DRIVESRT.COM
Challenger SRT Hellcat
4,790 Posts
Definitely a fan of the Michelin PS4 for the street

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So I think I'm going to give the Nitto Nt555RII/G2 combo a go for now and see what happens. I'm going to do the 315/35 in the rear should I do the same size up front or do the 305/35? They are about a 1/4" taller and and about the same wider. From what I seen the 315 G2 is cheaper also for some reason I just want to make sure they fit.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
225 Posts
So my REWB should be coming in in the next few weeks which has the standard cheap Pirelli tires. I knew I was changing them so didn't bother wasting more on them. That being said whats the best gripping tire for the street? Been looking at Nitto NT555R2's, some Michelins and of course the MT SS's I know none will hold the power but what does better? I dont really do any wet driving unless I get caught and dont care how long they last if the work well.
I ordered the nt555r2s for my WB that should be coming mid may.

I had the Michelin pS4s which were goodby normal tire standards - but not radials.

if all you want is pure traction in a straight line I don’t think you can beat the MT SS for the 20”wheel. However combining cornering ability and straight line I think the NT555r2 wins

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I had the MT SS's on my 850whp Cts-v they did fairly well on the street could hook in the high part of second gear. I drove them everywhere no issues at all even some spirited turns.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts