SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite HOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just curious if anyone has registered a Hell Cat in california that they purchased out of state? I was wondering what I should take etc.? I've called the dmv but have not been able to get through to get an answer. Thanks in advance

· Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
467 Posts
Your Check Book.......They are going to hit you for California Sales Tax..........You are looking at about 6K to 8K.........Unless the dealer you purchased from collected the Sales Tax from you in the Deal......But highly unlikely since you are resident of California..........You will have to provide the Sales Contract to them and anything regarding the purchase..........

Reactions: Htabo

· Banned
Challenger SRT Redeye
608 Posts
My car wouldn't be considered new? I bought it new with 9 miles.
No, not in this case it's new in the case that they're going to charge you as if it's a new car for tax and registration however if it's bought out of state it has to be smogged and when you do a smog it's only valid for two years when you buy a new car in California you get a two-year's exemption so it's a total of 4 years no smog.

· Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
6,854 Posts
Yet another reason not to live in CA

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.