SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,
So I’m planning to upgrade to a charger redeye from a regular hellcat. Does anyone know if some dealers can order it to come in the standard (non-widebody) body? Ive seen some challenger redeyes come in standard body. I’ve never been a fan of the widebody IMO, and I’m speculating that theoretically, if the charger redeye came in the standard body, its top speed would be much greater than 203mph.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also,
I was thinking of just buying a regular charger redeye and de-widebodying it (removing the fender flares and replacing it with standard body ones)

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye NB
533 Posts
Hey Guys,
So I’m planning to upgrade to a charger redeye from a regular hellcat. Does anyone know if some dealers can order it to come in the standard (non-widebody) body? Ive seen some challenger redeyes come in standard body. I’ve never been a fan of the widebody IMO, and I’m speculating that theoretically, if the charger redeye came in the standard body, its top speed would be much greater than 203mph.
There are NO Redeye Chargers that aren't a widebody. The only way to get a Hellcat Charger in 2021 is with the widebody. Period.

·
Premium Member
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
9,861 Posts
This is literally the first time I’ve heard of anyone who doesnt like the Charger WB. A Charger without the WB just looks really plain to me. Single best thing they did was offer it as a WB imo. Surprised to read that actually lol.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This is literally the first time I’ve heard of anyone who doesnt like the Charger WB. A Charger without the WB just looks really plain to me. Single best thing they did was offer it as a WB imo. Surprised to read that actually lol.
The reason I don’t like the widebody package is because it slows the car down at higher speeds. It’s the reason why a regular body hellcat charger (2015-2019) has a top speed of 204mph while a wb redeye’s top speed is 203 mph. So if it came w/o wb, the redeye would be faster imo

·
Registered
Charger SRT 392
376 Posts
I’m still on the fence about the widebody. In some colors and at some angles, the widebody looks great. But a few angles and colors not so much. The fenders flares definitely have an ‘80s or ‘90s feel to them. Too bad the standard fenders were not widened and integrated like these:
4BC0E82C-9D48-4066-8F4B-B5B90B7F28E8.jpeg
6B8701FC-2BC7-41DA-A3A5-8CB548DEC5DF.jpeg

·
Premium Member
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
9,861 Posts
I’m still on the fence about the widebody. In some colors and at some angles, the widebody looks great. But a few angles and colors not so much. The fenders flares definitely have an ‘80s or ‘90s feel to them. Too bad the standard fenders were not widened and integrated like these: View attachment 570093 View attachment 570094
While I can understand wanting an actual wider body without added flares, the car in the pictures sure doesnt look half as mean as a WB Charger. It’s actually too subtle imo. I think the added flares somehow dont look cheap to my surprise, and make it look more muscular. I dont know how but they actually work on the Chargers. The WB Challengers took a while to grow on me but the Chargers just looked perfect right out of the gate. I get the controversy though.

·
Registered
44 Posts
While I can understand wanting an actual wider body without added flares, the car in the pictures sure doesnt look half as mean as a WB Charger. It’s actually too subtle imo. I think the added flares somehow dont look cheap to my surprise, and make it look more muscular. I dont know how but they actually work on the Chargers. The WB Challengers took a while to grow on me but the Chargers just looked perfect right out of the gate. I get the controversy though.
Very true, the Charger does look much better in the wide body flavor than to Challenger JMO. There was a brand new Charger widebody Hellcat for sale and by the time I contacted them it was sold so I bought the Challenger Hellcat non WB.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Im sorry.
The reason I don’t like the widebody package is because it slows the car down at higher speeds. It’s the reason why a regular body hellcat charger (2015-2019) has a top speed of 204mph while a wb redeye’s top speed is 203 mph. So if it came w/o wb, the redeye would be faster imo
Absurd. One mile per hour? Laughable, sorry.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
1,498 Posts
Man, I’ve heard debates over the challenger, but never on the Charger widebody. The widebody lines flow much better on the Charger, imo. There’s always a first for everything.....

·
Registered
9 Posts
Eeek imagine how funky the wheels would look “without it”. It’d look like something out of Donk magazine. It’s ok to like simpler I suppose but the charger suits a Widebody almost perfectly.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts