SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that my Cat has been diagnosed with a blown out end cap radiator and need a full replacement...

I am wondering if any of the techs or car gurus can explain to me what all is involved in a radiator replacement job.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
466 Posts
Mine is happening tomorrow. They told me that they have to take the plastic cover off and then it just "drops" out.... they said a couple hours tops...

I'm sure that "drops out" is subjective... anyhow, they acted like it was not a big deal.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,067 Posts
Now that my Cat has been diagnosed with a blown out end cap radiator and need a full replacement...

I am wondering if any of the techs or car gurus can explain to me what all is involved in a radiator replacement job.
Usually unhook lower and upper hose, unbolt old and remove, rebolt new and attach hoses (maybe new if others mangled). Flush a bit with coolant, fill. Bring up to temp. Of course if other stuff is in the rads way it will need to be removed and reinstalled. This isn't the exact procedure to a T and Dr Buick can probably add some finer points, but it shouldn't be anything too major.

Reactions: CatBurghlr

·
SSDD
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,478 Posts
On the older chargers, 2 bolts held the fan in place along with tabs on the bottom. Then the condensor is bolted to the radiator. I don't know how the transooler is on this. On the others it integrated in the radiator.

Badically on the old cars you could disconnect all the hoses and lines, then drop the radiator crossmember out and pull out everything in one shot. It's got rubber insulated tabs up top and the radiator sits in the crossmember on 2 round rubber insulators.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
466 Posts
Thanks, forgive me but what happened to yours?
Small pinhole in the lower passenger corner of the radiator where the radiator side-cap is pushed on. Probably would have totally blown apart eventually, but I noticed a small pool of coolant on the floor last night. Took it up there this morning and they located a replacement radiator in St. Louis. Supposed to be here this afternoon or first thing in the morning.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
2,014 Posts

Wondering if you want to have the heat exchanger issue looked into while it's there?

·
Thread Killer
Charger SRT Hellcat
2,111 Posts
Small pinhole in the lower passenger corner of the radiator where the radiator side-cap is pushed on. Probably would have totally blown apart eventually, but I noticed a small pool of coolant on the floor last night. Took it up there this morning and they located a replacement radiator in St. Louis. Supposed to be here this afternoon or first thing in the morning.
build date please.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
6,854 Posts
yes he is

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
6,854 Posts
On the driver door mine says 7-14 so July 2014

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.