SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2016 Hellcat and recently I was stuck behind a gravel truck and of course debris started flying off of it. I got a couple of small nicks in my front stripes. Is this something I can get my insurance to cover under a comprehensive claim? Since it hit two different stripes idk if it’s worth paying my $100 deductible or just paying out of pocket?

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
7,835 Posts
I would pay out of pocket unless you can get the truck’s info and have his insurance pay. Your insurance will cover it an and then your premium will get jacked up when it comes up for renewal. They will get that money back and then some. Not worth it imo unless it’s a big dollar claim which that really isnt.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
32 Posts
Definitely not worth a claim!!!

Pretty much what Slowpoke said...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Not worth a claim that will effect your premium for a few years. Also, most shops will do full custom stripes for under $1,000

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
See I was thinking because it’s a “No At Fault” claim and I know things like that don’t increase your premiums.
Does anyone have the stripe kit part number? It just sucks cause these damn trucks have screwed up my previous vehicles windshields just driving in the opposite direction.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
7,835 Posts
See I was thinking because it’s a “No At Fault” claim and I know things like that don’t increase your premiums.
Does anyone have the stripe kit part number? It just sucks cause these damn trucks have screwed up my previous vehicles windshields just driving in the opposite direction.
If youre driving when it happens they will not classify it as a no fault incident. Now if your car is vandalized or hit while parked, that would be different.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
5,530 Posts
Does anyone have the stripe kit part number?
Not just one kit, the stripe is I think in 16 different pieces with 16 different part numbers so you're gonna have to go to dealer and figure out which ones you need.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
2,041 Posts
It is definitely covered under your comprehensive. It could be a board off of a truck or a deer that jumps in front of you at 60 mph. Any object that hits you flying through the air. Factory stripes are expensive. It should not raise your rates?

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
5,530 Posts
Comprehensive should cover things like this and should not affect your rates as things covered by comprehensive are considered to be out of your control.

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If youre driving when it happens they will not classify it as a no fault incident. Now if your car is vandalized or hit while parked, that would be different.
Comprehensive should cover things like this and should not affect your rates as things covered by comprehensive are considered to be out of your control.

So I talked to a friend of mine and he works for State Farm. This is what he said, "It would be considered a comp loss, it shouldn’t raise the premium if hasn't been any claim activity within the past few months up to a year. This is also considered a No at Fault claim."

My ONLY problem now is that if I have the 3 stripes replaced they will most likely not match the rest of the stripes on the car due to a tiny bit of sun fade from previous owner not taking care of the them as well. I wonder if the insurance will see this point and have the whole stripe kit redone in its' entirety?

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
2,041 Posts
You can tell your insurance when you make the claim as to who you want to do it, if you have a preference but you may need to have an approved collision body shop do it?

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
7,835 Posts
So I talked to a friend of mine and he works for State Farm. This is what he said, "It would be considered a comp loss, it shouldn’t raise the premium if hasn't been any claim activity within the past few months up to a year. This is also considered a No at Fault claim."

My ONLY problem now is that if I have the 3 stripes replaced they will most likely not match the rest of the stripes on the car due to a tiny bit of sun fade from previous owner not taking care of the them as well. I wonder if the insurance will see this point and have the whole stripe kit redone in its' entirety?
I myself still wouldnt make the claim. Theyre going to find a way to use it against you down the road. I remember having them do a simple windshield once. That went down as a claim and when it came time for renewal they threw it in my face even though it was a no fault claim. So I shopped around for a new ins. co and somehow they all knew i had made a windshield claim. Was pretty amazed. That was 6 yrs ago and maybe things have changed. Funny how they all want your business until you actually use them. Hopefully you dont experience this.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts