SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Charger SRT 392
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are your thoughts on each? Any notable differences to take into account when choosing between the 2?

·
Premium Member
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
9,884 Posts
OEM is forged so it's stronger. I'd prefer forged if I were doing high speed runs or racing. For most other uses I think cast reps are fine.

Reactions: snobrdrdan

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat 6MT
396 Posts
Forged wheels are stronger and lighter than cast wheels. You can also look at "rotary forged": these basically have the strength of cast wheels and the weight of forged, but much cheaper than the latter.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,121 Posts
My voxx 10.5 reps use a smaller center cap, but they came with plain black ones......
20190928_140626.jpg

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye NB
547 Posts
All comes down to WHAT you're doing with them...

If you're racing routinely or even semi-routinely, I'd say go with the OEM. The weight reduction helps and the replica wheels aren't generally up to the task of racing, unlike the forged wheels.

If you're mostly a DD or weekend warrior, go replica all day... much easier to replace (in terms of wallet) and also much easier to get in different sizes.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
1,141 Posts
I wouldn't, and haven't, worry one bit about repros. I have used so many brands over the years, from Tire Rack and others, I forgot what brands I've used; normally the cheaper the better. I have run all my cars on road courses w/o a hiccup. I've never found one to be of true, or leak air either.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts