SRT Hellcat Forum banner

Replica wheel and tire question (Nitto 555G2)

2K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  2ndAmend 
#1 ·
Does this sound right about the replica wheels not working with factory lug nuts? I just spent over a $100 on Gorillas so hoping not. Never seen that so it threw me off. 10.5 replicas with 25mm backspacing.

Also, looking at the Nitto NT555G2's. Planning on 275/40 front and 305/35 rear. Reviews seem good but curious if the Michilan Pilot Sport Cup 2's are really worth another almost $700 for a non-street raced but spiritly driven occasionally HC. More a D.D. tye car also thus why no DR's in the equation.

Picture of discount tire disclaimer on lug nuts.

See less See more
#2 ·
You should be fine with the locking Gorilla lugs. I put Hellcat slingshot replicas on my old RT (18mm offset) 10" rear, 9" front mounted with Nitto 555 G2 (305/35 rear, 275/40 front). And I used Gorilla locking splined lugs. No fitment issues.

As for upgraded Michelin tires. Nothing wrong with the Nitto's, but don't skimp on quality rubber for your $45k+ Hellcat over a few hundred $$.

#4 ·
Yes. I have had spline on a number of aftermarket wheels. Fairly common to not leverage the OEM lugs (especially the dodge ones as they are wide). In terms of the tires - I agree with HemiMetal - for this application the SC2s are a better tire. The nittos are great (I have used the G2s with the 555rs before and like them. But for a street application that’s not DR and or more track oriented the cup 2s or PS4S are probably the premier tire (thus the larger price tag).

#5 ·
One reason why I didn't get Sport Cups; bad wet weather control. I was behind a 911 on a track last year, in a Scat Pack, and EVERY corner his front end slid out. I checked them after, and they were Sport Cups. I was all over him with Michelin 4S. The video is amazing to watch. Until something better comes out, I will only get PS 4S.

#6 ·
Are the 555's no longer a good all around tire? I figured if I wanted max traction I'd throw some DR'S on my factory wheels. I've just got 6 year old stock all seasons on the car now and need to replace.

Sounds like the seats are smaller on the replicas. Thanks for the feedback there.

#8 ·
Nitto 555 G2 is a good streeter. The 305's in the rear gave me the right contact patch for a better plant, launching from dead stops was stable and grabby. But I had them mounted on a Challenger with half the horses of an SRT HC. Last week I replaced the worn, stocker Pirelli's on my HC with Michelin PS4S. Expensive tire, but the value is evident even in regular daily driving. I can launch from first without having to overly finesse the clutch (was spinning and fishtailing otherwise) and side roll feels different. More solid, more control. I dunno, just feels that way. ;)

#7 ·
I had Nitto NT555G2 on for a minute not knowing they're worse than the factory Pirelli all seasons. Pulled them off sold them used. Nice looking tire though! I went with nitto NT05 non R for daily use and nitto NT01 for track (not drag) use. I can't advise about lugz my extra wheel set are factory.

#9 · (Edited)
Man, yall really suck 😁 Talking me into the PS4S tires now. Was hoping to save some money but its just green paper anyways.

So I guess then, going with the PS4S tires is it a noticeable difference between 275 in back vs 305? I'm fine spending the money if it's going to make a pretty significant difference but if it's fairly the same I'll stay 275 and save $600. Looks like $2200 for the set with 305's (includes 10.5 wheels) or $1600 for 275 on all 4.

Reactions: HemiMetal
#10 ·
Man, yall really suck 😁 Talking me into the PS4S tired now. Was hoping to save some money but its just green paper anyways.

So I guess then, going with the PS4S tires is it a noticeable difference between 275 in back vs 305? I'm fine spending the money if it's going to make a pretty significant difference but if it's fairly the same I'll stay 275 and save $600. Looks like $2200 for the set with 305's (includes 10.5 wheels) or $1600 for 275 on all 4.
Get them at Costco, they're having a Michelin sale through May 18 ($150 off a set of 4). My set of 275s ran $1285. California sales tax added another $90. Even if you're not a member, spend the $60 and sign up cuz you're still going to save money.

#11 ·
As you probably know, I ordered the PS4S 305/35 in Jan for March delivery. Then delivery was May. Now June. Next is what??? I decided to go cheap for a “good” tire readily available, at least I have something usable now. I might get the PS4S in the future, if they ever get their act together.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.