SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my Super Stock is slated to start production 3/29 and I'm eager to start ordering parts. I won't have my car for a few months yet, but I also realize most lead times are really pushed out right now. My eventual goal is 900-920 rwhp, but I've been down this road before and I know I need to work on improving traction first. The car will be a weekend warrior, but will also be used for 500-600 mile weekend getaways and an occasional trip to the strip. With this diverse use, my plan is to have several sets of wheels and tires so I can change them based on the car's use. However, as nice as some of the aftermarket wheels are, I really like the stock Demon wheel look. I also want the same look so I can interchange with the original wheels.

My first priority will be HHP drag springs. Next will be back tires, and hopefully new wheels. Since I have the smaller calipers, I believe 17" wheels will fit with no issue? I want the 17" wheels for the higher sidewall and better traction. Minimum would be 17x11 to match the factory width, but I'd much rather go with 17x12. I would also much rather have forged before cast. Problem is, I haven't been able to find ANYBODY that makes a 17" Demon replica, let alone 11" or 12" wide or forged. Has anyone seen anything like I'm looking for? I am willing to have them custom made, and I know they will be expensive, I just don't know how expensive? I'm guessing $1500-1800 each?

Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
346 Posts
Why limit yourself to the 17"? Plenty of 20" repros out there and probably better tire selection, too.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I was assuming you'd use the 18" that it comes with for the track and could use 20" for the weekend trips, etc.

·
Registered
2016 Bright White Challenger
1,301 Posts
I've looked tirelessly for a set of 18" (factory size demon wheels) forever and can't ever find a set unless they're real, and I can't justify spending that much for a 2nd set of wheels I seldom will use.

Might have to just bite the bullet and grab 2 real ones for the rear at their crazy price point.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts