SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Can anyone confirm if RF Hub lockout option is available in 2022 Hellcat ?
I read conflicting articles on it being pulled back by dodge due to technical issues.

Thank you for answering.

·
Registered
107 Posts
You should. People put too much faith in the Ravelco. With the Ravelco you have to modify your car's wire harness. The SiriusXM Guardian Convenience + Security package, RF-Hub lockout update, and faraday pouches for your fobs is all you need. I recommend the Disklabs KS1 faraday pouch. It's very durable and used by law enforcement. I have two. One pouch can fit two fobs.

·
Registered
2022 Challenger REWB in Sinamon
187 Posts
Anyone know the TSB # or something I can share with my Dealer?
Tech told me if he locks out the HUB - none of my keys will work and still would need some kind PIN# that only a regional manager has...???

·
Registered
107 Posts
Anyone know the TSB # or something I can share with my Dealer?
Tech told me if he locks out the HUB - none of my keys will work and still would need some kind PIN# that only a regional manager has...???
Here's the official TSB.

Your tech is wrong. Your current keys will work. Additional ones cannot be programmed unless a new RF-Hub module is installed.

Attachments

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
8,438 Posts
Thank you for sharing that. Would be easier to explain to dealers. Currently most of them say, we don't knwo about it :p
I have found that it is best to print out two copies of everything you can find on whatever issue you want done and leave a copy on the front seat so the techs can see it. They still probably won't read it though, I had two techs spend two hours on a DRL issue on my car and even after telling them and writing on the tech instruction sheet that the parking brake must be off to test this in big letters with a Sharpie, they worked the whole time on it with the brake on and finally gave up. Unbelievable some of these tech I tell you.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

• Haha
Reactions: Gdragon

·
Registered
2022 Challenger REWB in Sinamon
187 Posts
Here's the official TSB.

Your tech is wrong. Your current keys will work. Additional ones cannot be programmed unless a new RF-Hub module is installed.
Has anyone been charged for this? Service department is trying to get the 0.2 hours of labor outa me. not much- just wondering.
Thanks.

·
Registered
2015 Challenger Ivory White Hellcat
285 Posts
You should. People put too much faith in the Ravelco. With the Ravelco you have to modify your car's wire harness. The SiriusXM Guardian Convenience + Security package, RF-Hub lockout update, and faraday pouches for your fobs is all you need. I recommend the Disklabs KS1 faraday pouch. It's very durable and used by law enforcement. I have two. One pouch can fit two fobs.
The Ravelco is a phenomenal system. It’s not visibly easy to track the wires that are coded and not coded. You don’t need to modify the wiring harness. It is a visual kill switch that is works. A pouch is a joke as soon as you push a button out of the pouch. The RF hub update isn’t available for all year models yet and is so slow to roll out that people are getting their cars jacked waiting on Dodge.
The Ravelco shouldn’t be the only system someone has, GPS tracker hidden in the car(not the dodge one that can be disabled in seconds), ultrasonic sensors, and tilt sensors should be added too.

·
Registered
107 Posts
The Ravelco is a phenomenal system. It’s not visibly easy to track the wires that are coded and not coded. You don’t need to modify the wiring harness. It is a visual kill switch that is works. A pouch is a joke as soon as you push a button out of the pouch. The RF hub update isn’t available for all year models yet and is so slow to roll out that people are getting their cars jacked waiting on Dodge.
The Ravelco shouldn’t be the only system someone has, GPS tracker hidden in the car(not the dodge one that can be disabled in seconds), ultrasonic sensors, and tilt sensors should be added too.
2022 models equipped with the deluxe alarm system have a tilt and interior proximity sensor built-in. Unfortunately the Uconnect app is currently a pos. It works but just barely. Sending remote commands takes forever and GPS is slow to update. I had a Viper remote start/security system installed and it works a lot better than the factory version. The Viper app has more features too. It shows cabin temp, lock status, hood, doors, trunk open/closed status, can pop the trunk with it. Viper remote commands and GPS updates are lightning quick. When you remote start the car using Viper it shows you a timer that tells you when the car will auto shutdown. The Uconnect app pales in comparison. It's actually pretty embarrassing how basic and slow the Uconnect app is.

·
Premium Member
21 Challenger Redeye, 21 Trackhawk
181 Posts
No security system is 100% secure.

Worth a read: Debunking the Ravelco Anti Theft Device
This is pretty funny right here.
Ravelco has alot of folks that will say it's the best most perfect thing ever invented for cars.
I really don't care one way or the other for it. The two things that bother me about it is,
#1. With the super secret decoder ring not attached, the vehicle cannot be remote started. This in itself is a deal-breaker for me, TX heat.
#2. There are a number of hellcats stolen every year by just putting the car in neutral and pushing or towing it around the block to put it on a flatbed.
The Ravelco has no alarm, thieves can literally take their time.

Well, ok 3 things, the way Ravelco says the system makes it impossible to steal and the people that believe and repeat it.

On the flip side I know it does have some advantages for people who fall into that particular group.
Like if you never need to remote start your car.
And you're theft system budget is less than $500.

Reactions: GNBRETT

·
Registered
303 Posts
If u lose the fob ur screwed! I had one years ago on my GN and one of the pins broke off cause I kept it on my key ring.

Must have got damaged over time I guess and this happened on a trip to NY city and I had to tow my shit back from the ******* parking garage to my house in CT (2 hours away) and get another Key. Didnt have a spare that was my fault but I just had that false sense of security I guess.

Plus u lose ur Remote Start option! U dont lose ithat with a kill switch. Its $500 to buy and at least two hours labor so thats $700-750 smh. I get that question often? "Do I lose my remote start option with a kill switch?" No. But u do with Ravelco.

A kill switch and GPS subscription for (5) years would be less than that and far more effective and u still get to start ur car remotely!

Reactions: BHoward
1 - 20 of 32 Posts