SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
No. The kill switch kills the power to the START button. The START button is not what starts ur car when u remote start it. That happens inside the engine bay. Its a box connected to ur cars ignition. Same signal comes from ur START buttom but not wirelessly like ur remote operates.

If u take away the "Kill switch" and just remote start ur car u still have to engage the START button or nothing happens. So when u have a kill switch wired to ur START button it simply doesnt work until it has power which would mean turning OFF ur kill switch.

I have these both on my TH and RE and work flawlessly. And I remote start them both all the time. For me the remote starter has nothing to do with having a warm or cool interior when I get in. It has everything to do with allowing my car to warm up properly and thats much easier from my couch in my living room.....

If your kill switch is “on”, how do you start your car remotely?
And if you can, then a thief can as well correct?

Reactions: BHoward

·
Registered
583 Posts
Doesn't Ravelco have a perfect record though?
no, no more than the rf-lockout. Ravelco will sell you on their perfect record, they just have a perfect record of making your car not being able to start. Your car can still be towed away, and the ravelco removed.
Install a simple kill switch, then one of those neutral covers. Faraday pouches are more like a tin foil hat, signal cloning does happen, however that’s pretty rare. Besides your kill switch would stop it

·
Registered
583 Posts
No. The kill switch kills the power to the START button. The START button is not what starts ur car when u remote start it. That happens inside the engine bay. Its a box connected to ur cars ignition. Same signal comes from ur START buttom but not wirelessly like ur remote operates.

If u take away the "Kill switch" and just remote start ur car u still have to engage the START button or nothing happens. So when u have a kill switch wired to ur START button it simply doesnt work until it has power which would mean turning OFF ur kill switch.

I have these both on my TH and RE and work flawlessly. And I remote start them both all the time. For me the remote starter has nothing to do with having a warm or cool interior when I get in. It has everything to do with allowing my car to warm up properly and thats much easier from my couch in my living room.....
Is there an improper way to warm up a car? My fleet vehicles go from dead cold to balls out upon start up…no issues yet, but I want to make sure I’m doing it right? Ambient Temp ranges -20 to 100+

·
Registered
288 Posts
I got a $30k motor bro in my TH.... I just feel more comfortable after it runs for 5-7 minutes before I step on it. Its just easier doing it from my house then going out and starting it up.

Ur car does have more timing when starting up and more fuel so I just like that to settle to a calm idle before I do anything.

Is there an improper way to warm up a car? My fleet vehicles go from dead cold to balls out upon start up…no issues yet, but I want to make sure I’m doing it right? Ambient Temp ranges -20 to 100+

Reactions: BHoward

·
Registered
107 Posts
Yeah, hard accelerations from a cold start when it's freezing out and your car has been sitting outside all night. On modern cars, letting them warm up is a waste of time and gas unless you want a warm cabin. A block heater helps

·
Registered
288 Posts
Wow, so cars dont need to get up to operating temps before u smash it huh? Just start it up and whale on it huh! Good advice bro....... Many NEW modern cars dont even allow them to make full power till they see the proper operating temps smh.

Yeah, hard accelerations from a cold start when it's freezing out and your car has been sitting outside all night. On modern cars, letting them warm up is a waste of time and gas unless you want a warm cabin. A block heater helps

·
Registered
583 Posts
Wow, so cars dont need to get up to operating temps before u smash it huh? Just start it up and whale on it huh! Good advice bro....... Many NEW modern cars dont even allow them to make full power till they see the proper operating temps smh.
I’d say nope, no warm up necessary…it’s not the 1970’s and carburation and shitty build quality. While I’m not advocating it, I have hundreds of vehicles in our fleet that don’t have issues because they were brought up to operating temp before the hey where beat on. It’s your car, do what you want. But don’t say it hurts the engine when you have no real world experience or proof.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Go with that bro....... Sounds totally legit! Just get in and SMASH it! No real world experience huh? Ohhhhh ok. So u need a carburetor to get a car up to operating temps these days..... got it.

I’d say nope, no warm up necessary…it’s not the 1970’s and carburation and shitty build quality. While I’m not advocating it, I have hundreds of vehicles in our fleet that don’t have issues because they were brought up to operating temp before the hey where beat on. It’s your car, do what you want. But don’t say it hurts the engine when you have no real world experience or proof.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Go with that bro....... Sounds totally legit! Just get in and SMASH it! No real world experience huh? Ohhhhh ok. So u need a carburetor to get a car up to operating temps these days..... got it.
give some real world data that suggest you need to warm it up…im telling you experience with a couple hundred car fleet…OEM’s even tell you warming it up is a waste of time and gas…..like said believe and do what you want. I can tell you it won’t hurt it, but you aren’t doing it any favors either. And I’ll say the same for idling cars too. Mine idle of hours on end…no issues except heat kills the relays in the summer

·
Registered
107 Posts
That's not what we're saying. With modern cars you don't need to let the engine reach operating temp before driving in cold weather. It's safe to drive them as long as you don't drive harsh. Slow, gentle accelerations are fine

·
Registered
288 Posts
Yea, u should start ur Hellcat motor up especially and just SMASH it! Sounds like a GREAT idea bro...... Its under warranty right who cares?

give some real world data that suggest you need to warm it up…im telling you experience with a couple hundred car fleet…OEM’s even tell you warming it up is a waste of time and gas…..like said believe and do what you want. I can tell you it won’t hurt it, but you aren’t doing it any favors either. And I’ll say the same for idling cars too. Mine idle of hours on end…no issues except heat kills the relays in the summer

21 - 32 of 32 Posts