SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite HOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!

Ringing Noise From Front of Engine....

1202 Views 3 Replies 2 Participants Last post by  TBLhellcat
Hello everyone! Just joined the community tonight and I look forward to now exploring a little more. I have a 2019 Charger Hellcat with just over 8k miles.
I’ve been following the site for awhile but unfortunately I have come across an issue I need some help with. I have done a bunch research and I cant figure out the exact issue I am having atm.
There is a ringing noise coming from the front of the engine. I’ve stethoscoped the s*** out of it and I think it’s an idler pulley on the supercharger drive system. I changed out the plastic idler (near alternator) on the regular accessory belt system but the noise persisted. Wondering if anyone has had an issue with this or recognizes the noise. I copied the iCloud link for the video I took below.
Thanks!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2019 Charger Hellcat
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What did you ever find out? I bought a 2015 about a month ago and have the exact same sound. It is intermittent and louder at cold start. Your feedback is appreciated. Thanks, Seth
Sorry, I forgot to update this as there were two posts about it.
It was 100% the water pump. Using an automotive stethoscope helped narrow the area down. Took belts off too to narrow it down. I asked the dealer and they said they would not be surprised if it was the water pump. Even after I reminded them of it being a 19 hellcat with under 10k miles.
I bought the pump, changed it out, noise is gone. Been perfect since.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.