SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m thinking of doing this incognito pulley on my 2020 Hellcat. I was curious though, can I just through Demon injectors on my car without a tune for better fuel delivery??? Or do you have to tune the car if you change injectors??

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,109 Posts
Supposedly, you can use that 2 psi incog pulley without tune or injectors.

I am not a gambling man, so I would pass on that and go for the ATI 10% OD lower, crank pin kit, injectors, and tune. That will get you 3psi and make it easy to do an upper down the road.

No, you can NOT just toss demon injectors in without tuning.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Supposedly, you can use that 2 psi incog pulley without tune or injectors.

I am not a gambling man, so I would pass on that and go for the ATI 10% OD lower, crank pin kit, injectors, and tune. That will get you 3psi and make it easy to do an upper down the road.

No, you can NOT just toss demon injectors in without tuning.
Thanks for the info. What do you feel the difference is between doing the lower vice upper?

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,109 Posts
A lower will be a little more expensive, but its a good building block and will be your higher expense. The upper is where your adjustability will be. I feel that you should pin the crank regardless, so that extra 500 for a better damper is worth it to me.
What are your plans and goals for the car?

Here is a quick breakdown on what to expect on pricing.

500 lower
100 pin kit
30 crank bolt
40 belt
Unlocked pcm 250
Tuner 600
Tuning package 1050

Injectors 1000
Upper 250

I would say to plan on spending $4,000 if your installing this stuff yourself.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,805 Posts
A lower will be a little more expensive, but its a good building block and will be your higher expense. The upper is where your adjustability will be. I feel that you should pin the crank regardless, so that extra 500 for a better damper is worth it to me.

500 lower
100 pin kit
30 crank bolt
40 belt
Unlocked pcm 250
Tuner 600
Tuning package 1050

Injectors 1000
Upper 250

I would like to add a good quality damper is better in the long run for any engine . I'm a big believer in a good quality damper . Your rotating assembly will thank you for it .

Sent from my BBF100-2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

500 lower
100 pin kit
30 crank bolt
40 belt
Unlocked pcm 250
Tuner 600
Tuning package 1050

Injectors 1000
Upper 250

Thanks for all the input. I just want a very reliable build that puts me around 800 hp to the rear tires. I drive my car pretty regularly, but because of how heavy these cars are I want some more power. I would just really like to not push the envelope too high so hopefully I won’t break anything any time soon. I’m never going to the drag strip, just want some more power for the occasional highway meeting of a opponent.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,109 Posts
That list will give you a healthy street car.

·
Registered
18 Charger Hellcat
207 Posts
I’m thinking of doing this incognito pulley on my 2020 Hellcat. I was curious though, can I just through Demon injectors on my car without a tune for better fuel delivery??? Or do you have to tune the car if you change injectors??
If you're going to run the Incognito, run it without the injectors unless you are getting a tune. You need a tune for the Demon Inj.

Honestly Demon injectors (depending on vehicle) will have high IDCs with even a 2.85 upper.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,109 Posts
I wouldn't waste my time with demon injectors.
Keep your eyes open for a used set of 1050x, I bought my last used set for $500 in the marketplace.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts