SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I purchased this product that just recently came out around November from ripatuned. I know there’s been another post about this with a lot of negative comments but after installing this item here are my reviews… I am getting a solid 13 pounds of boost just by this sleeve. The car is definitely faster and it seems like it’s actually smoother as well. Living in Florida it is pretty hot but right now it is in the 60s and the car feels even faster. Getting an intake would definitely wake up this even more. Check out Ripa IG, he has a comparison of me racing my buddies M5. In conclusion, for a product that is incognito like this and does not need a tune it is definitely worth it. You can’t compare this set up to an upper pulley and trans/engine tune.. clearly that would be a faster setup but I easily gained a solid 40/50whp and with an intake it’ll be even more !

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
So I purchased this product that just recently came out around November from ripatuned. I know there’s been another post about this with a lot of negative comments but after installing this item here are my reviews… I am getting a solid 13 pounds of boost just by this sleeve. The car is definitely faster and it seems like it’s actually smoother as well. Living in Florida it is pretty hot but right now it is in the 60s and the car feels even faster. Getting an intake would definitely wake up this even more. Check out Ripa IG, he has a comparison of me racing my buddies M5. In conclusion, for a product that is incognito like this and does not need a tune it is definitely worth it. You can’t compare this set up to an upper pulley and trans/engine tune.. clearly that would be a faster setup but I easily gained a solid 40/50whp and with an intake it’ll be even more !
You might want to read this thread. This poster actually lost 6rwhp:
Same concept as Ripatuned.
R.K.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You might want to read this thread. This poster actually lost 6rwhp:
Same concept as Ripatuned.
R.K.
Are you saying that towards me as if I lost it or you’re referring to the person in that thread? Sorry I’m a little new to this forum, still learning it

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
Are you saying that towards me as if I lost it or you’re referring to the person in that thread? Sorry I’m a little new to this forum, still learning it
I'm saying that what you're thinking of increase in power was proven to be incorrect on a similar situation with that OP in the other thread. He tested his car stock and then added the pulley and did no tuning. While his boost did increase he lost 6rwhp on a stock tune.

R.K.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm saying that what you're thinking of increase in power was proven to be incorrect on a similar situation with that OP in the other thread. He tested his car stock and then added the pulley and did no tuning. While his boost did increase he lost 6rwhp on a stock tune.

R.K.
I’m telling you for a fact that my car pulls harder then it did before this crank sleeve. This isn’t an actual pulley upgrade as well, it slips right over a stock part. If you go onto their Instagram you will see a before and after video of me and my friend. We used to be neck and neck, sometimes he would get on me a little bit. Now I am putting a solid car on him. They’ve done testing on this product for a few months… My friend who was also the test mule runs at 10.3 at 133 with just this product, their race intake, and a tire/wheel set up.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Depends on Da and temperature. Mine is a redeye and I went from 14lbs stock to 17.5 with the 3.17 upper. In the cold Pacific Nw air we have here adding 2 to 3lbs boost with no tune is a no go on a redeye at least.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
All I can say is doing what I did I still have full warrantee… I’m not touching The supercharger, or changing any pulleys. The DA where I live is not that great but all I know is that my car is pulling harder than it ever has before. An extra 1.5/2 pounds of boost is very minimal and the computer can compensate it with the fuel and everything else needed to be done. Anything over three would need a proper tune.

·
Registered
153 Posts
thks nice to see how some things are installed makes it easier later if someone else needs to see it beforehand, would have been nice to see the crank bolt install with the lockout install

·
Registered
27 Posts
Mine should be here this week and I'll be installing and going to the dyno. I already have an LMI and JBA mids so it should be beat to see what it picks up.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Mine should be here this week and I'll be installing and going to the dyno. I already have an LMI and JBA mids so it should be beat to see what it picks up.
Nice man. You’ll love it. Just seen a redeye pick up almost 60whp with the sleeve. It does depend where your located with the weather to see the most power but it’ll be a solid increase. I just put on a jlt intake gained an extra half pound of boost, prob another solid 10whp.

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
Nice man. You’ll love it. Just seen a redeye pick up almost 60whp with the sleeve. It does depend where your located with the weather to see the most power but it’ll be a solid increase. I just put on a jlt intake gained an extra half pound of boost, prob another solid 10whp.
Are you talking about the one that made almost 900rwhp with this pulley? If so, I'm guaranteeing that they tuned it to make sure it was safe so the 60rwhp gain was on a modded and tuned car already.

R.K.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
That’s an installation video me and my buddy put together. Total amount of time took I think about 2 1/2 hours. Wasn’t that difficult.
From what I saw - you put the video together - your buddy just sat eating his apple haha. I thought it was a good video

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Are you talking about the one that made almost 900rwhp with this pulley? If so, I'm guaranteeing that they tuned it to make sure it was safe so the 60rwhp gain was on a modded and tuned car already.

R.K.
It was a redeye but yeah prob tuned it’s just an easy 50whp pickup with this sleeve

·
Premium Member
6,530 Posts
I'm just going to post. Once you go to the dealer with a problem and your HC passes the warranty test then you can say the warranty is not affected.
I feel this is bad marketing and I know the other Tuner that came up with the idea for this mod ;)

I started the Diablo Tuning process in 2015 using an ATI lower Pully. I modded and took on the responsibility for my warranty as people should.
There is too much info on the net to stay "incognito."

I really think many will be like me and take on the responsibilty and then those that won't.

Linda :)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'm just going to post. Once you go to the dealer with a problem and your HC passes the warranty test then you can say the warranty is not affected.
I feel this is bad marketing and I know the other Tuner that came up with the idea for this mod ;)

I started the Diablo Tuning process in 2015 using an ATI lower Pully. I modded and took on the responsibility for my warranty as people should.
There is too much info on the net to stay "incognito."

I really think many will be like me and take on the responsibilty and then those that won't.

Linda :)
I didn't necessarily do this sleeve because of "warranty" reasons. I did it because its similar power to just a basic stage one kit and its much cheaper. There has been multiple dyno tests now and proven gains of the sleeve. And when it comes to warranty, there is no way the dealership is going to know you put a bolt on sleeve over the lower pulley... there is no uninstalling any parts changing any parts its a simple bolt on.. it also depends on dealerships. There are dealerships that are much more lenient than others when it comes to warranty and modifications. I feel as a lot of people do not like this product because its new to the market and are seeing actual proven gains... The computer compensates the extra few pounds of boost there is need of a tune.. and if you want a tune then go get one, just more power to be made.

1 - 20 of 99 Posts