SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any experience with this product? Actual results or opinions? Looking to start small on my mods, maybe this pulley, a CAI, and a Diff brace.
thanks in advance.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
25 Posts
I'm curious about the incognito pulley for a standard Hellcat also. I've seen some posts with 93 octane fuel and they've seen good results. Unfortunately I only have access to 91 octane and I'm not big on running octane boosters. So I would like to see some info with 91.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I havent seen a single 1/4 mile pass or even 1/8th mile pass documented as the only stock addon. Until that happens, it's snake oil for me. I am interested in it but need to see results before spending 800 bucks on something that may not do a darn thing.

·
Registered
Grand Cherokee Trackhawk
118 Posts
There are plenty of topics on this previously. Just do a search. It spins the blower faster, adding a 1-2#s of boost. Not sure what would be the snake oil or bs on that.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Modifying stock boost #s without a tune to let the computer know it's coming usually results in other things happening ie timing or dumping fuel. If you can point me to something that shows a 1/4 mile pass or 1/8th mile hit, I'll read it.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
913 Posts
If you're wanting to keep with mods that don't require a tune to keep safe, then sure it should net you some gains. Thing is, you'll want more so my advice is to go ahead and do the upper and tune it. Go ahead and put 1200+cc injectors in while you're at it for when the mood for even more power strikes you, you'll be ready. And when you're ready for more, skip the expense of the incognito and get an ati or iw. Less money and more power for the win.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Anybody on the forum install one of these without a tune? Any problems? Approximate boost gain? Elevation?
Its seams like some people had to try this???

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,117 Posts
Anybody on the forum install one of these without a tune? Any problems? Approximate boost gain? Elevation?
Its seams like some people had to try this???
There's a huge thread on here about them. Read it and make up your own conclusions.

R.K.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have one on order with a performance shop down here, should be here this week or next. From the shop and research I've done, I've heard good things. Unfortunately, they have not done it to a car that this was the only mod and therefore have no baseline vs install numbers. I am looking to dyno before and after but not sure if it's going to happen. If it does, I would happily show some results. I have been unable to get a track as of yet with the hellcat, bought it last month (2018, 10k miles). I would love to get some pulls of it on radials only then radials with the package that includes an intake and incognito. Will keep the thread posted.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
25 Posts
I have one on order with a performance shop down here, should be here this week or next. From the shop and research I've done, I've heard good things. Unfortunately, they have not done it to a car that this was the only mod and therefore have no baseline vs install numbers. I am looking to dyno before and after but not sure if it's going to happen. If it does, I would happily show some results. I have been unable to get a track as of yet with the hellcat, bought it last month (2018, 10k miles). I would love to get some pulls of it on radials only then radials with the package that includes an intake and incognito. Will keep the thread posted.
Are you going to be running 91 or 93 octane fuel? I have found a decent amount of info with people running 93 and it seems to have good results. I've been waiting for someone to show some results with 91. Steve says the 707 Hellcats do fine on 91 but I'm afraid it will knock severely and pull enough timing to make any gains from the pulley diminish.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Very interested, please share what your results!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Modifying stock boost #s without a tune to let the computer know it's coming usually results in other things happening ie timing or dumping fuel. If you can point me to something that shows a 1/4 mile pass or 1/8th mile hit, I'll read it.

Watch this Youtube video, he does passes before and after this pulley with similar prep & da. He picks up MPH and is consistent about it.

This second video is a stock Trackhawk on a stock tune with only Incognito & intake putting down 724AWHP.

I've got the incognito pulley on my car and did a pre-dyno with only intake and did a post dyno with the intake and incognito, on 91 octane I picked up 35whp. I know timing was being pulled because of fuel quality, we added a gallon of E85 on the stock tune and brought it up to 51whp gain.

This is a good pulley setup to run for a stock car.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
25 Posts

Watch this Youtube video, he does passes before and after this pulley with similar prep & da. He picks up MPH and is consistent about it.

This second video is a stock Trackhawk on a stock tune with only Incognito & intake putting down 724AWHP.

I've got the incognito pulley on my car and did a pre-dyno with only intake and did a post dyno with the intake and incognito, on 91 octane I picked up 35whp. I know timing was being pulled because of fuel quality, we added a gallon of E85 on the stock tune and brought it up to 51whp gain.

This is a good pulley setup to run for a stock car.
Have you tried running a bottle of Boostane shot. It's the 4oz bottle that you add to each tank of fuel. Steve told me this would really help cars on 91 and it won't hurt anything since it's a small amount. He said it would put the octane right at 93. He recommended for best results to add the Boostane and a gallon of E85.

·
Registered
27 Posts
My buddy had one and on 91 with a loss of 4° timing he was 696 to the wheels. He started adding some E85 to a tank of 93 and could see a difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Charger SRT 392
257 Posts
If you are mixing fuels to cover up the knock you are band-aiding the issue, and the issue is that adding boost requires reworking the timing tables to be consistent and effective.
This all seems crazy to me. I want more power but I don't want to tune my car, but I'll mix a gallon of E85 and some octane booster every time I fill up my car....no thanks :)

I cant decide if this is worse or the flex fuel thing that also, doesn't control timing.
AFR keeps the motor happy and safe.
Timing is where you find power.

·
Registered
27 Posts
He ended up going all out and is making about 900 to the wheels on E85. We are in Oklahoma and our gas is terrible. We mostly have 91 and a few places with 93. If I’m going to have some fun with the car I always add a little 101 to the tank for security. It is just me, but I’m not a fan of E85.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
77 Posts
If you are mixing fuels to cover up the knock you are band-aiding the issue, and the issue is that adding boost requires reworking the timing tables to be consistent and effective.
This all seems crazy to me. I want more power but I don't want to tune my car, but I'll mix a gallon of E85 and some octane booster every time I fill up my car....no thanks :)

I cant decide if this is worse or the flex fuel thing that also, doesn't control timing.
AFR keeps the motor happy and safe.
Timing is where you find power.

Thank you for the opinion however it doesn't negate there are results associated with these modifications. The AFD Proflex kit may not get all the potential out of E85, but there is no doubting more power is made on it.

Ingonito pulley the argument is still the same, nobody has blown a motor up running his pulley. Can you tune it and make more, absolutely.

Example, my C63 made 401whp all stock. With the AFD E85 kit and a full tank of gas, no tune - I made 438whp. I literally drove that for years!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Are you going to be running 91 or 93 octane fuel? I have found a decent amount of info with people running 93 and it seems to have good results. I've been waiting for someone to show some results with 91. Steve says the 707 Hellcats do fine on 91 but I'm afraid it will knock severely and pull enough timing to make any gains from the pulley diminish.
I will be running 93, I have never put 91 in the cat or scat for that matter. Have not forgotten to update thread, just waiting for the JLT intake as its on back order to install the incognito.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts